Hi all! New to saltwater from hightech planted tanks!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice tanks!!!..we all love pics.. :)
perfect time to start build thread:cool:

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the planted tanks.
Welcome to the salt side.
giphy (1).gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

My goal, when I convert from FOWLR to a reef tank is to have primarily softies and LPS. I look forward to seeing what you do with saltwater tanks in general, we all love a build thread. (Plus you'll get a cool badge on under your profile picture too!)

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I'm Sean! I just recently setup my first saltwater tank after keeping freshwater tanks for the last 20 or so years since I was a kid, and getting into more challenging high tech planted tanks as I've advanced in the hobby. With the risk of sounding arrogant, I feel as tho I have mastered freshwater tanks as I quickly get bored with a new setup and often take it down to try something different after 3-6 months of a tank being running.

Here are a few of my previous freshwater tanks I have setup over the years

kC9HoHM.jpg

AyFyuQN.jpg

VQeCR4P.jpg

oENGhXd.jpg

ILJQCmj.jpg

After researching how to make the transition to saltwater for the last 3 months or so, I finally completed setting up my first saltwater tank. I switched my 55 gallon tank to saltwater, I would have obviously preferred a tank that is deeper, but due to space limitations, I couldn't have a tank be more than 12" deep, so 55 it was.

Here is a video of my newly setup 55 gallon. This was a couple days after I set it up, let things clear up, but no fish yet.

I will be doing FOWLR for the first couple months as I get into a routine of keeping a saltwater tank, then I will slowly add soft corals. It seems like soft coral tanks has this stigma in the hobby as "inferior" tanks, but I actually like their less demanding needs and I really like corals the sway back and forth in the flow. I like movement and I'm really looking forward to getting corals in this tank!

Happy to be here, thanks everyone!

Welcome to R2R!

Love the saltwater set up already! And WOOW those are some amazing planted tanks.

Happy Reefing! :)

giphy.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Sean. Your FW tanks look great. The aquascape in the SW tank looks great. Nothing wrong with softies in the tank. There are some good choices.
Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back