Hi all, super newbie from Vancouver, Canada here!

Orly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

This’ll be my first post (especially considering I just made this account a few minutes ago), but stoked to be here! I’m a long time lurker and reef-tank-admirer of at least three years so it feels great to finally get proactive with it all.

As a bit of an introduction, my names Orly, and as mentioned I’m in western Canada! Smack dab in the city of Vancouver to be exact. I’ve been in proximity to the freshwater hobby my whole life by way of my dad, but his presumptions about how hard/expensive the saltwater end of things was stopped him from ever dipping his toes in. The classic tale, go figure.

Beyond that i’ve kept my own freshwater tanks for close to two years now, having kept everything from shrimp into amphibians and semi-aquatics, and a few months ago I decided it was finally time to take the plunge into salt, so to speak.

Right now i’ve got a Fluval 13.5 Evo on hand, but no stand yet so my next task is to build the stand to my liking and go from there. The plan is to mod the lighting as well as set up ATO and dosing pumps. That said the budget doesn’t allow for those purchases yet (with the viral recession and all that...) so i’ve decided to hold off putting the build together until i’ve got all my ducks in a row. But it feels nice to take it slow! Lying it wait and planning out every aspect certainly makes me feel more in control and like less will go wrong, hopefully (lol).

Since i’m so new, if anyone knew of local Vancouver hobbiest groups with online spaces (facebook maybe?) and wanted to send them my way, I’d love that! I’d love to make some friends so I can stop talking my boyfriends ear off lol.
I’m also a girl and knowing how few and far between we can be in these spaces, if you are too my DMs are always open! Id love to make more female reefer friends and who knows, maybe one day soon we can all band together and nerd out on facetime with glasses of wine lol.

Anyways, that’s all i’ve got for now, but thanks for having me y’all!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r33.gif

Angelwolf21203

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

This’ll be my first post (especially considering I just made this account a few minutes ago), but stoked to be here! I’m a long time lurker and reef-tank-admirer of at least three years so it feels great to finally get proactive with it all.

As a bit of an introduction, my names Orly, and as mentioned I’m in western Canada! Smack dab in the city of Vancouver to be exact. I’ve been in proximity to the freshwater hobby my whole life by way of my dad, but his presumptions about how hard/expensive the saltwater end of things was stopped him from ever dipping his toes in. The classic tale, go figure.

Beyond that i’ve kept my own freshwater tanks for close to two years now, having kept everything from shrimp into amphibians and semi-aquatics, and a few months ago I decided it was finally time to take the plunge into salt, so to speak.

Right now i’ve got a Fluval 13.5 Evo on hand, but no stand yet so my next task is to build the stand to my liking and go from there. The plan is to mod the lighting as well as set up ATO and dosing pumps. That said the budget doesn’t allow for those purchases yet (with the viral recession and all that...) so i’ve decided to hold off putting the build together until i’ve got all my ducks in a row. But it feels nice to take it slow! Lying it wait and planning out every aspect certainly makes me feel more in control and like less will go wrong, hopefully (lol).

Since i’m so new, if anyone knew of local Vancouver hobbiest groups with online spaces (facebook maybe?) and wanted to send them my way, I’d love that! I’d love to make some friends so I can stop talking my boyfriends ear off lol.
I’m also a girl and knowing how few and far between we can be in these spaces, if you are too my DMs are always open! Id love to make more female reefer friends and who knows, maybe one day soon we can all band together and nerd out on facetime with glasses of wine lol.

Anyways, that’s all i’ve got for now, but thanks for having me y’all!
Nice to meet you, Orly! My name is Michelle, and I live in Pennsylvania. I've been to Vancouver, a long time ago, and don't remember to much, but I do remember it was a beautiful city! Do you have any pics of your freshies?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back