Hi everyone, new to both the site and reef/saltwater world. Typical nervous newbie complete with lots of questions and a go get em attitude

OP
OP
nicksreefs

nicksreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

The little black bug could be an amphipod or copepod. Check out google images and look for similarities.
Having a look thanks for this! Fast little critter but I’m sure nothing to worry about and if it is clearly I’ve got some good people to help me out!!!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving Pictures Reaction GIF

Welcome to R2R!!!

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty world. Breathe. Nothing good happens fast or by panicking at every unexpected thing. You will drive yourself crazy and rob the joy from the experience. NAMASTE ..... Keep Calm and Reef On.
It will all be ok.
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF
Serenity Now! :)
Welcome to R2R

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
You can get the UK banner here: Click “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

I am a big fan of YouTube tutorials. The best library of advice I know if is Bulk Reef Supply. (BRS)
I especially like their "top 20 mistakes regarding ...."
Randy and Ryan are quite open about all of the reefing mistakes they have made and share them so that we don't make the same mistakes.

One word of caution. Sometimes BRS runs a long series of videos discussing a particular methodology and, at least once, the methodology failed. I say, skip to the last video to make sure they give a "thumbs up" to the methodology before watching all of the videos. Sure it's a spoiler, but a good idea nonetheless.

I am also a big fan of having a consultant who can see your actual tank and not your local fish store clerk who gives advice based on descriptions or photos. This could be a professional consultant or an experienced, successful, reefing budding in your neighborhood who can help you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome10.png

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r, can't wait to see photos. Looks like you already got lots of good advice and suggestions on what the critters could be

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone,

new here and a proud owner of just cycled nano reef tank taking it slowly before adding corals just letting the clean up crew & clown pair settle in first but already have sooo many questions and a slight clownfish panic and odd little fast moving black bug on the sand (photo to follow if I can catch him!) looking forward to learning from you all and sharing where I can (eventually!)
Welcome! Ask questions. You've come to the right spot for answers. There are tons of amazing people here with lots of knowledge.
you're welcome love GIF

OP
OP
nicksreefs

nicksreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone sorry for the late update but been a wonderful journey so far and now have a happy little crew perfect water Chem and first two corals doing well!
image.jpg

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Back