Hi Everyone, SO excited to dive in!!!!!!!!!

LisaAhmad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I've just decided to take the plunge and get into the hobby.
I am a little overwhelmed by all the equipment and stuff and would love to get your advise. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'm a little put off by a Petco visit as they were a little intense.
How should I get the ball rolling!!!!!
Thanks,
Lisa.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard R2R!!! Lots of help on here, read over the knowledge articles, build threads and start your plan.

I usually tell people to first decide what they want. Reef/Saltwater tanks cover a lot of ground. Do you want simple 'get your feet wet' system, or do you have specific corals/fish in mind. Everything else, whether budget or high end, simple or complex will come from that.

Stay out of high pressure places until you decide - well, don't stay out, but don't let them talk you into anything you haven't decided for yourself.

Good Luck!!

Edited for clarification

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

I encourage you to read this thread:

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Lisa! There are lots of starter kits for reef tanks out there. BRS has one. I believe lights aren’t included. But it’s enough to help you jump in and get your feet salty. You’ll then learn from building upon experience.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, LOOK FOR A COMPLETE SET UP ,up and running all equipment rock corals fish ,looking healthy ,grab some buckets and lids,you take down so you know how to set up,do not reuse sand,need any advice on how to break down and move just ask

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Some great tips already mentioned. Something to keep in mind, fish only or FOWLR (fish only with live rock) will be easier to start off and easier on your pockets.

Do you have a budget in mind? Any ideas on what size tank you'd like to have?

RwP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Don't get overwhelmed. Gather up as much info as possible on the type of tank you would like to setup and take it slow and steady..

OP
OP
LisaAhmad

LisaAhmad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Lisa! There are lots of starter kits for reef tanks out there. BRS has one. I believe lights aren’t included. But it’s enough to help you jump in and get your feet salty. You’ll then learn from building upon experience.
Wow, Hong Kong. :D I've been there!
SO I look ed up BRS, Bulk Reef Supply, I'm pretty sure I ordered from them once for a hang on back for a Betta setup.
So I really figured I could google all this but just really happy to build up this as a real hobby and share with like minded people and enjoy the journey.
If I want to just have a 40 gallon or so tank, does it mean I must have a sump? What about the All in one systems? I'm not sure why a sump would help me?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back