Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve been lurking and learning everything I can from y’all. I’ve had freshwater tanks for the last 40 years (I know, I’m old lol), large ponds, but this is my first saltwater adventure. So far, so good but I’m going at it super slow and intentional. Literally started out with “if I don’t kill the sand, I’ll add rocks….if I don’t kill the rocks, I’ll add critters…if I don’t kill the critters, I’ll add fish…if I don’t kill the fish, I’ll add coral…” Haha I don’t have fish yet but the critters are good. Thanks for allowing me to join!
Hello! North Idaho is also my stomping grounds! Beautiful area! Depending how far north I might be able to advise on new stores to visit! Let me know if you need any help!

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! North Idaho is also my stomping grounds! Beautiful area! Depending how far north I might be able to advise on new stores to visit! Let me know if you need any help!
That would be amazing!! I did a simple google search and couldn’t find much, so that would be great! I’m up in Bayview

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R, your starting off perfectly.
Thank you! When I brought the tank home (I purchased from a young man who was taking a break from the hobby), there was a sand sifting sea star, some snails, crabs, and a flowery kind of soft coral (I need to learn about what it is/needs) that I wasn’t expecting….so I’m quite nervous about keeping them alive. Lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back