Hi From South Australia

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dark side.jpg

Welcome Mags! Tank looks great! I'm a FW keeper too. Show us ALL of you tanks. And the pond. Been thinking of setting one up myself.

OP
OP
MaggieH

MaggieH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dark side.jpg

Welcome Mags! Tank looks great! I'm a FW keeper too. Show us ALL of you tanks. And the pond. Been thinking of setting one up myself.
Hi,

What is FW? Sorry I will learn the lingo. I do change my freshwater tanks around alot :)

Freshwater Heaven

OP
OP
MaggieH

MaggieH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the pufferfish but they have been known to nip coral polyps sometimes.

Welcome to Reef2Reef.

(FW= Fresh Water)
Hi Kris, Lipstick is a Mimic File Fish, they look exactly the same as a Valentine Puffer, but without the poisen. Thought it best to stay away from more complicated fish right now. Lipstick is my favorite he eats only crab out of the claw I have to clip it to the inside of the tank lol. Luckily my son is a keen fisherman and I get fresh crb when needed. Trying to get him to eat his greens but no luck so far

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kris, Lipstick is a Mimic File Fish, they look exactly the same as a Valentine Puffer, but without the poisen. Thought it best to stay away from more complicated fish right now. Lipstick is my favorite he eats only crab out of the claw I have to clip it to the inside of the tank lol. Luckily my son is a keen fisherman and I get fresh crb when needed. Trying to get him to eat his greens but no luck so far
You mentioned that in your introduction but I took a quick look at Lipstick and thought to myself; "That puffer is pretty. I wonder if it's safe?"
That's what happens now that I'm getting old. I forget a few of the details along the way if I am not careful. The sly filefish certainly tricked me one time.

If you start an old folks home, can me and LIpstick count on junior for crab 1X/week? I can help clean reefs, too!

Welcome again :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back