Hi! I’m new to R2R :)

mdizzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just joined reef2reef. Brand new to salt water tanks. My husband and I acquired a 75 gal about three weeks. I have a three year old red eared slider named Lisa, but she is obviously freshwater. But I’m very green to the salt tank life. So any tips or tricks will be much appreciated! So far we have 3 damsels and 3 clowns and a goby fish-wise. A sea urchin, two different star fish, one spiny who hides in the rocks and a sand sifter who hides in the sand. And two snails and a hermit crab. And we just recently introduced two pieces of coral and the goby last Sunday. Like I said we are very green to this hobby, but eager to learn and hear what others have to teach us. We want our tank to flourish!

Attachments

• 69180082164__D23C4894-12D2-4F85-9E9B-480BE71E96EB.MOV
    2.6 MB

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just joined reef2reef. Brand new to salt water tanks. My husband and I acquired a 75 gal about three weeks. I have a three year old red eared slider named Lisa, but she is obviously freshwater. But I’m very green to the salt tank life. So any tips or tricks will be much appreciated! So far we have 3 damsels and 3 clowns and a goby fish-wise. A sea urchin, two different star fish, one spiny who hides in the rocks and a sand sifter who hides in the sand. And two snails and a hermit crab. And we just recently introduced two pieces of coral and the goby last Sunday. Like I said we are very green to this hobby, but eager to learn and hear what others have to teach us. We want our tank to flourish!

Welcome! I'm Lisa, too! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Clovis:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Starfish may not last long in captivity, they, like the urchin, need a ton of food available at all times. Some things better left in the sea IMM.
Hundreds of others things that thrive and are “easy”.
Rock solid water chemistry creates great success.
Have fun.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
Follow build threads similar to what you have and want to gravitate to.
You can copy success, you seem to have a good lead and I would slow down for a bit and see how it goes. Fish tanks are like toilets, the more you flush the cleaner the water.
Remove salt water, replace with saltwater.
Water evaporates, replace with RO/DI water.
Feed a little not a lot.
Never buy a fish bigger than your finger.
Enjoy

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R forums! Now is probably a good time to slow down and let everything adjust in the tank. I agree that’s very quick for putting livestock in . Ironically despite taking more than a month to cycle my 90 gal fresh tank , I got impatient and went too fast with my first attempt in building a reef. End result was a complete restart. At least I didn’t have much live stock, just a few peppermint shrimp and some cuc as well as live rock. Good luck , I hope it goes well for you. 220B9A8A-688F-4DDF-BBE9-2AF5E1DF9AE9.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back