OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are patient and willing to do a little DIY, wait for Petco to do another $1/gallon sale and get yourself a 40b and a 20L. The 40b is a great size for a small reef. The tanks would only cost about $80 and the equipment to get it running won't cost a fortune.
i would do that but the nearest petco is really far away and my closest one wont deliver glass tanks

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thank you what would you add if you would have this tank its a 32 gallon
Probably just a pair of clowns, a shrimp, and maybe a royal gramma. A couple snails and a couple hermit crabs, some soft corals like Kenya trees and mushrooms and ur stocked.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably just a pair of clowns, a shrimp, and maybe a royal gramma. A couple snails and a couple hermit crabs, some soft corals like Kenya trees and mushrooms and ur stocked.
thats cool im really exited one day when i can afford a bigger tank i want to do a 1,000 gallon built in coffet table thats saltwater but thats in many years

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats cool im really exited one day when i can afford a bigger tank i want to do a 1,000 gallon built in coffet table thats saltwater but thats in many years
That would be super cool. Start of small, there is a ton of fun That u can have with a little bio cube. Ide be scared to go over 120 gallons for the sheer amount of work it would take to maintain

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be super cool. Start of small, there is a ton of fun That u can have with a little bio cube. Ide be scared to go over 120 gallons for the sheer amount of work it would take to maintain
true maybe more possible for freshwater

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo bd2212.....Welcome to R2R!
Looks like you are getting some great responses and advice. As a new reefer myself I have little to offer aside from this.
Take your time and do plenty of research. Decide on goals for your system and look into ways to provide that ideal environment for the inhabitants. Whether you are looking for specific livestock or a particular aesthetic, there are varied approaches with plenty of success. Always remember this craft centers around caring for critters WE chose to put in a glass box. Providing them with the best chance to live healthy lives is what we strive for.
Keep asking questions and seeking out that knowledge to achieve your goals. You will find plenty of helpful people here. Try posting questions about particulars in the proper sub forums to get more targeted and diverse responses. You are off to a great start!

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo bd2212.....Welcome to R2R!
Looks like you are getting some great responses and advice. As a new reefer myself I have little to offer aside from this.
Take your time and do plenty of research. Decide on goals for your system and look into ways to provide that ideal environment for the inhabitants. Whether you are looking for specific livestock or a particular aesthetic, there are varied approaches with plenty of success. Always remember this craft centers around caring for critters WE chose to put in a glass box. Providing them with the best chance to live healthy lives is what we strive for.
Keep asking questions and seeking out that knowledge to achieve your goals. You will find plenty of helpful people here. Try posting questions about particulars in the proper sub forums to get more targeted and diverse responses. You are off to a great start!
thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back