OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt water is no question much harder and much more costly. It rlly has to be done right or your kinda screwed
can you buy certain things one by one because i researched dart frogs a few years ago they were not right for me and you had to buy everything at once.

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you buy certain things one by one because i researched dart frogs a few years ago they were not right for me and you had to buy everything at once.
Sort of, there is certain things your gonna need to start cycling the tank and get your ecosystem going. You can buy the stuff for corals later, but you are definitely gonna end up needing it.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sort of, there is certain things your gonna need to start cycling the tank and get your ecosystem going. You can buy the stuff for corals later, but you are definitely gonna end up needing it.
how long will the live sand survive without a tank or will it not go bad

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long will the live sand survive without a tank or will it not go bad
It will stay alive for a while, as long as it’s not ocean direct sand. The normal Arag alive is dormant strains of bacteria that will wake up once the conditions are suitable.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will stay alive for a while, as long as it’s not ocean direct sand. The normal Arag alive is dormant strains of bacteria that will wake up once the conditions are suitable.
okay thank you if you have a kit with the sump it makes me nervous having to drill into the glass

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thank you if you have a kit with the sump it makes me nervous having to drill into the glass
a suggestion lord it was not worded proparly it early morning for me so my grammar will probaly suck

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can I would just get a reef ready tank. Drilling the glass isn’t that bad just gotta make sure it’s not tempered and you gotta go super slow and keep cooling the bit with water.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im supper nervous the actual build probably wont happen until may or june but i want it planned out to the max anxiety sucks

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ty do you have some good links i really want to get the best bang for my buck but i live in a tiny town so used is out of the question
In this hobby, generally the things that work the best are just the most expensive. Like dosing pumps, lightning, skimmers and other filtration. By a rule of thumb the more u can afford to spend on each thing the better the end product will be. EcoTech makes really good pumps and lights, reef octopus makes good skimmers, trigger systems makes good dumps. Korallen zucht makes good additives. Bulk reef supply has cheap reactors and all kinds of important stuff. Tropic Marin and b ionic make really good salts.

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im supper nervous the actual build probably wont happen until may or june but i want it planned out to the max anxiety sucks
Don’t stress, it’s a process. You gotta take joy in the journey to the end product and think of it like an art piece. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this hobby, generally the things that work the best are just the most expensive. Like dosing pumps, lightning, skimmers and other filtration. By a rule of thumb the more u can afford to spend on each thing the better the end product will be. EcoTech makes really good pumps and lights, reef octopus makes good skimmers, trigger systems makes good dumps. Korallen zucht makes good additives. Bulk reef supply has cheap reactors and all kinds of important stuff. Tropic Marin and b ionic make really good salts.
i found this is this okay and should i get the extras or should i go and get that separately and what options should i click im really new im sorry.

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found this is this okay and should i get the extras or should i go and get that separately and what options should i click im really new im sorry.
Just go to bulk reef supplies website and look around to get an idea of what stuff costs and what options there are.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go to bulk reef supplies website and look around to get an idea of what stuff costs and what options there are.
wow this is more than i expected but i really want the tank im used to freshwater sorry

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back