OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And keep in mind that whatever u budget out the tank costing based on what you think you need, double it.

that’s a super nice tank! But keep in mind all the equipment for that tank will probably run you over 12 thousand. And that’s before a single animal is added.
oh wow would it be better for me as a beginner to do it without coral and maybe not have to buy as much equipment and switch over later

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow would it be better for me as a beginner to do it without coral and maybe not have to buy as much equipment and switch over later
I would just go with a smaller tank, and ofc coral will shoot the price up a lot. But generally keeping coral n fish happy is similar just a couple extra things for coral. Like lighting, flow, chemical additives and other additives, in addition to the coral itself.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only fish i really want was a pair of clown fish would the standard 20 gallon long or high be good with a hob filter

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just go with a smaller tank, and ofc coral will shoot the price up a lot. But generally keeping coral n fish happy is similar just a couple extra things for coral. Like lighting, flow, chemical additives and other additives, in addition to the coral itself.
i really just want clown fish what should i get for that

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only fish i really want was a pair of clown fish would the standard 20 gallon long or high be good with a hob filter
Get a bio cube, you won’t spend too much and it’s a good size for clowns. You can also get some soft corals in there with little extra spent.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a bio cube, you won’t spend too much and it’s a good size for clowns. You can also get some soft corals in there with little extra spent.
okay thank you i may use a large aquarium for some freshwater fish the reason i was looking at that was to finish my room.i think the biocube will go on my desk

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are patient and willing to do a little DIY, wait for Petco to do another $1/gallon sale and get yourself a 40b and a 20L. The 40b is a great size for a small reef. The tanks would only cost about $80 and the equipment to get it running won't cost a fortune.

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thank you i may use a large aquarium for some freshwater fish the reason i was looking at that was to finish my room.i think the biocube will go on my desk
Yeah I had one for a while they are amazing little tanks! I’m currently setting up my dream tank.

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are patient and willing to do a little DIY, wait for Petco to do another $1/gallon sale and get yourself a 40b and a 20L. The 40b is a great size for a small reef. The tanks would only cost about $80 and the equipment to get it running won't cost a fortune.
That’s very true if you are willing to diy it’s much much cheaper. and the dollar a gallon sales are fantastic.

OP
OP
B

bd2122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s a dream come true for me definitely. Good luck I bet you will do great with a bio cube. Just don’t put too many fish in there end don’t over feed and your golden!
ive been watching a bunch of different saltwater tanks and what would go with clownfish

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back