Hi- I'm new here. Uhhhhh- I'm an introvert and I like art, math, and science lol

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
Bom Dia Hello GIF

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Crystal and I live in The Woodlands, Texas. I had my first saltwater tank in high school and I've had aquariums of one kind or another my whole life. I currently run a recently set up Innovative Marine 30L Fusion AIO that I looooooove. I've worked at an LFS/maintenance company and for a large public aquarium. Being a biologist at a public aquarium cured me of my obsession with bigger is better. :rolleyes::p I then did a short stint in physics research studying microscale gas transfer in the top 2cm of the ocean and other climate physics.

Upon realizing I had no interest in teaching college I retired ;Hilarious and now I am an artist and part time occultist. I like gardening, reading, painting, and technology. I'm an Aquarius soooooo water is kinda my thing :p I tend to be a tad sarcastic but I think i'm super funny. ;Hilarious;Smuggrin;Hilarious

I'm working on putting together my build thread because the idea of a badge makes me feel special and I like achievements. I've been toying with the idea of joining a forum for awhile but the final decision was made when my husband looked at me and said "look- I'm tired of talking about the fish. and the corals. Can we just talk about Netflix after 8pm?" ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious Soooo I figured it's probably time to find myself some fish friends and spare him my endless discourses on chemistry and lighting and microscopic bits.

Thus, here I am. Hello there. :D

IMG_2999.jpeg IMG_8789.jpeg
Hello!!!
Beautiful corals

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to the club. I'm new here also. Can I ask you an off fish question?. I have been trying to get the family convinced to move to Woodlands from California. It looks like such a beautiful community. How do you like the area and schools?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
AsraeaMitsane

AsraeaMitsane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to the club. I'm new here also. Can I ask you an off fish question?. I have been trying to get the family convinced to move to Woodlands from California. It looks like such a beautiful community. How do you like the area and schools?
well, I grew up in Houston but was born in Tennessee.....and to be honest the Woodlands is the best place ever. I love it here. The schools are top notch, best in the city, they are pretty rigorous though. My kindergartner was doing things last year I didn't do until third grade. Everyone is super friendly but the best thing about it is how they don't allow signs and they're really cognizant about how businesses are developed and integrated into the trees. you have to use gps because there aren't really visible signs for stores and whatnot but the end result is that when you drive around here- it's just nature and all the shops are there, just tucked into the trees so that they're out of sight. it's beautiful and it makes a huge difference in your mental well being. Sounds strange but I don't think we realize how stressful it is constantly looking at signs or parking lots or constantly be bombarded with advertising. Here we just have trees and nature. It's pretty fantastic. Texas is a very very different culture than California though so just be prepared for that also. Texans have very deeply ingrained ideals of freedom and rugged individuality- but also deeply held ideas of hospitality and friendliness. It's really my favourite place I've ever lived and I've lived in quite a few. If you do manage to move down we can have coffees and talk about our fish tanks! ;Woot ;Smuggrin

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I grew up in Houston but was born in Tennessee.....and to be honest the Woodlands is the best place ever. I love it here. The schools are top notch, best in the city, they are pretty rigorous though. My kindergartner was doing things last year I didn't do until third grade. Everyone is super friendly but the best thing about it is how they don't allow signs and they're really cognizant about how businesses are developed and integrated into the trees. you have to use gps because there aren't really visible signs for stores and whatnot but the end result is that when you drive around here- it's just nature and all the shops are there, just tucked into the trees so that they're out of sight. it's beautiful and it makes a huge difference in your mental well being. Sounds strange but I don't think we realize how stressful it is constantly looking at signs or parking lots or constantly be bombarded with advertising. Here we just have trees and nature. It's pretty fantastic. Texas is a very very different culture than California though so just be prepared for that also. Texans have very deeply ingrained ideals of freedom and rugged individuality- but also deeply held ideas of hospitality and friendliness. It's really my favourite place I've ever lived and I've lived in quite a few. If you do manage to move down we can have coffees and talk about our fish tanks! ;Woot ;Smuggrin

Thank you for the wonderful reply. You described everything I envision it would be. I truly hope to make it there soon but dread trying to move the tank. Have a great holiday...

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! By far the best place for reefing information on the internet.

Feel free to ask anything you need help with and you will be amazed at the responses you get. Everyone is so willing to help all the time.

You will make lifelong friends and have a blast here with us! Glad you found your way here.

Happy Monday!

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Back