OP
Joe1400

Joe1400

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best pic I've got at the moment. I was actually showing off my ATO (the clear box on top). It was close to bedtime so everybody is a little closed down.
1581349254540.png
Cool, mine is similar, I can easily remove the rockwork,,space around it for flow. Just a nice simple package.
I'm still trying to get a ballpark idea of whether my light, circulation or so forth, is going to be limiting.
Experimenting with the little tank is just fun, because it doesn't imply massive expenditures of money n energy.
Acropower is seeming to be a helpful nonpolluting food ,because I won't be having much fish feeding going on.
Soon will need to come to some plan for CA and alk.
And wondering if crushed oyster shell is ok as a substrate, since mine is bare bottomed right now.

Pickwun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, mine is similar, I can easily remove the rockwork,,space around it for flow. Just a nice simple package.
I'm still trying to get a ballpark idea of whether my light, circulation or so forth, is going to be limiting.
Experimenting with the little tank is just fun, because it doesn't imply massive expenditures of money n energy.
Acropower is seeming to be a helpful nonpolluting food ,because I won't be having much fish feeding going on.
Soon will need to come to some plan for CA and alk.
And wondering if crushed oyster shell is ok as a substrate, since mine is bare bottomed right now.
My lights are the 12" BeamsWork unit from eBay plus a strip of 420nm leds. I just use a few drops of Kent MicroVert every couple of weeks. I put a few drops of CoralVite in the ATO box. I check with API test strips every week.

OP
OP
Joe1400

Joe1400

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are the 12" BeamsWork unit from eBay plus a strip of 420nm leds. I just use a few drops of Kent MicroVert every couple of weeks. I put a few drops of CoralVite in the ATO box. I check with API test strips every week.
Sounds a lot like my own , I went with the 30 watt lumini pixie as an upgrade .. Im not sure of what settings I will be using. And I like the API test strip too, for its simplicity and good color match -strip to bottle. Im thinking I am seeing a real difference with more aminos , I read Salifert is very good, (but at this point I dont really even know what is in the Brightwell premixed water.) I didnt do sps last time.

OP
OP
Joe1400

Joe1400

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!
Thanks, the tanks been fine, had a little issue with flatworms, the brownish ones with three orange and white rear appendages.
I saw here , the general approval for flatworm exit, .. the first store I went to didn't have it, so I just adopted a false percula.
The next day, I went to another store , bought the FW Exit, and was going to do the application the following morning.
The flatworms were nowhere to be seen!
Dunno if it Was the clown, but if so, its an inexpensive fix, and the fish is so tame I could just net her out.

But no , Karma the clown can stay. Why should all the care be reserved for rarities ? She's earned her keep. :)

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds a lot like my own , I went with the 30 watt lumini pixie as an upgrade .. Im not sure of what settings I will be using. And I like the API test strip too, for its simplicity and good color match -strip to bottle. Im thinking I am seeing a real difference with more aminos , I read Salifert is very good, (but at this point I dont really even know what is in the Brightwell premixed water.) I didnt do sps last time.
Salifert are good, Red Sea titration test kits are good, Hannah are easy to use especially for ultra low phosphate and for alkalinity tests.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking I should say hello rather than lurk unseen like a shadow. Ive had a 55 gal reef tank many moons ago , and decided to get back into the hobby at small scale this time. Last time I used the Tampa bay saltwater method using wild rock from the bay, which was a lot of fun. I am really liking the small 5 gal size this go round and using more traditional methodology.
Any info I could offer would be anecdotal , but I have made most of the mistakes that one can,and which may turn out to be helpful to others.
Welcome!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.1%
Back