Hi Mike! I signed up after I left Richards!!

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will happily post a pic, buuut, its literally glass, sand, water, and rock that looks like a pile of rubble cause I don't know how to place it yet. I am thinking I need to know which corals are my must haves and then making sure I "build" for them and and then fill in with other corals I like but don't make the holy grail list.
It doesn't help I am terrified to touch the rock for being stung by a bristleworm or something. I am allergic to bees and other insect stings. I don't want to see what something like that would do to me. LOL I'm just a nervous wreck over here trying to figure this mess out!

Two guys, one girl and lots of frags… This is a family show, ma’am! Lol

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the reefing hobby but have kept fresh water for over 20+ years, and currently have 17 freshwater tanks. I have my first 110 extra high. It has sand, water, and used live rock in it (used or previously soaked, something like that, or both, it was in water since feb). Lucky me, I have a friend that knows his way around the reefing hobby, but I gotta share him with his family and other reefy friends! LOL I am looking for others in the SC area for advice, help, and friendship, of course the same from someone that lives outside the area too (Just thought having someone that could come lay eyes on my tank when I need help would be good)!!! I don't know anyone else in this hobby! Say hi and let me know where your at!
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Here is link to SC local club info: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/

It's smaller community than you think, so you are bound to run across each other sometime soon. Mike will be thrilled you found your way here and then took the extra step to join and post.

Lots of knowledgeable people here. Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) has great videos. Gloves & tweezers can be your friend. I've had a rash or two from my tank's defenses - they don't intend to hurt the hands that feed and clean them - its just their nature. Due to my NON-tank allergies, I have epi-pen if ever needed but I think the most I've ever needed (so far) is just a benedryl sip. Zoas are easy to grow, but they say the nastier versions are only in wild, but I'm careful cleaning around mine. IMO first decide what you like. Then research it's compatibility and then go from there. Think the coral to coral aggression is WAY worse than coral to human. I had one that only barely touched another coral for short while one day, killed one, and been trying to nurse the other back for weeks...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back