Hi, New Reefer Upstate NY Rolling Out Custom 300 gallon peninsula system.

OP
OP
Adirondackgold

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community, nice looking setup, hope you do a build thread about your whole setup.
You have a sample thread you would refer me to? Want to know what folks ordinarily include.

One other question, Have just started reviewing some of the posts. I take it people's gallonage claims are more aspirational than physically possible. (I have some sense of spacial awareness and thought you couldn't compress water. But then I read some of the dimensions of the tanks, compared with the gallonage claims and start thinking maybe they do compress water!:))

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a sample thread you would refer me to? Want to know what folks ordinarily include.

One other question, Have just started reviewing some of the posts. I take it people's gallonage claims are more aspirational than physically possible. (I have some sense of spacial awareness and thought you couldn't compress water. But then I read some of the dimensions of the tanks, compared with the gallonage claims and start thinking maybe they do compress water!:))
several places to find info on builders threads. Start with link below. Use the link to go to member tank forums, there are how to threads so you get your badge. You can also select which category to put your thread in.

You will also see links to people builds as badges below their name...not me haven’t started my build yet. Those with multiples also put them in their signature line.

No compression, some of these guys have huge tanks, also some are system size including the sump, I can’t always tell.

OP
OP
Adirondackgold

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fish a lot between Buffalo and Rochester a couple times a year, I’ve always called that upstate NY, is that accurate lol?
Geography is always local. I thought upstate was north of Kingston until the North Country ( the Adirondacks) and then everything other side of Utica was Western New York. But some folks in NYC call anything North of the Bronx Upstate. Heck Sing Sing is only 30 miles north of NYC -- ain't that where being "sent up the river" comes from? Sounds pretty upstate to me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back