Hi! New to the community and saltwater...

Stacey G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have had freshwater tanks on and off my whole life. I am now interested in venturing into saltwater with a fish and corals tank. I've been researching for a few weeks now, watching lots of YouTube videos and reading through more than I can remember. I'm starting to plan my build and having trouble deciding on a tank. The tank will be in my living room and I will have recliners on each side of it, so viewing for me will mostly be from my recliner (side view). I'm leaning toward a 4'x2'x2' (or close to it). I've been looking at the Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and Red Sea tanks that include the sump, but I'm not sure which way to go.

I'd love to hear any suggestions and ideas from others and look forward to joining the community!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! They are all good tanks - you may want to look at the R2R member tanks section - you should find several threads with each of those options.

Clownfish.gif

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I have my Red Sea Reefer in my living room and it’s changed the dynamics of the house. Now everyone spends all their time in the living room.

12DEE32D-C3E4-4CD0-AE59-991FAA08B224.gif

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!

You have one more option to consider: Fijicube

Comes with real wood stand, sump, ATO container, tank and a bunch of plumbing fittings you'll need.

OP
OP
Stacey G

Stacey G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Stacey G

Stacey G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! They are all good tanks - you may want to look at the R2R member tanks section - you should find several threads with each of those options.

Clownfish.gif
Thanks! I plan to spend the afternoon reading through all the member tanks and build threads.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the additional option! I will check it out.
Cheaper than the Waterbox and Redsea counterparts and ships free. I have the 108INT (internal overflow) I'm building now that you can check out by clicking on my build thread badge.

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have had freshwater tanks on and off my whole life. I am now interested in venturing into saltwater with a fish and corals tank. I've been researching for a few weeks now, watching lots of YouTube videos and reading through more than I can remember. I'm starting to plan my build and having trouble deciding on a tank. The tank will be in my living room and I will have recliners on each side of it, so viewing for me will mostly be from my recliner (side view). I'm leaning toward a 4'x2'x2' (or close to it). I've been looking at the Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and Red Sea tanks that include the sump, but I'm not sure which way to go.

I'd love to hear any suggestions and ideas from others and look forward to joining the community!

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 19

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back