Hi..new to this forum and reefing

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R is the best.I have solved many of my problems with my R2R friend.It will reallly help you.Ask whatever you dont know and get good answers .

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, my name is Jennifer and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am new to reefing but did have 4 tanks (3 fresh and one salt) prior to having kids. They grew up and left me (those brats) and now I have a bit more time on my hands. I am a software/database developer by day for a major airlines. I just got back from a trip to Maldives and snorkeling and diving every day made me realize how much I missed having a tank. I have never had a reef tank or any corals so I have a LOT to learn.

I purchased a Coralife Biocube 32 LED to keep things simple and have already upgraded the media basket as well as add an ATO and wavemaker. I'm sure there will be more down the road. LOL. I am currently in the nitrite stage of cycling ....tank has been up for about 8 days so I have a ways to go.

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions along the way. Here is resort that inspired me to get back into the hobby:
HWV-2-2.jpg

MyTank.jpg
So nice:) welcome to R2R.. the very best forum on the web.. you will find a second family here.. I honestly don't know how I could continue with this hobby and not have the forum to go to.. happy to have you

james983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Jennifer.

Personally, I would be concerned with only epoxy holding that top rock in place. I think if you want that look you should drill holes and use acrylic rods for stability. Also, if you remove the rock formation to epoxy them together, realize that you will have to lift the entire formation back into the tank. Not impossible, but just wanted you to be aware. Good luck.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, my name is Jennifer and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am new to reefing but did have 4 tanks (3 fresh and one salt) prior to having kids. They grew up and left me (those brats) and now I have a bit more time on my hands. I am a software/database developer by day for a major airlines. I just got back from a trip to Maldives and snorkeling and diving every day made me realize how much I missed having a tank. I have never had a reef tank or any corals so I have a LOT to learn.

I purchased a Coralife Biocube 32 LED to keep things simple and have already upgraded the media basket as well as add an ATO and wavemaker. I'm sure there will be more down the road. LOL. I am currently in the nitrite stage of cycling ....tank has been up for about 8 days so I have a ways to go.

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions along the way. Here is resort that inspired me to get back into the hobby:
HWV-2-2.jpg

MyTank.jpg

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum :)
This is the best inspiration for everything!
Congratulations with such a good start;) What fish do you plan to get?

Zhenya

OP
OP
Jenyphur

Jenyphur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the forum :)
This is the best inspiration for everything!
Congratulations with such a good start;) What fish do you plan to get?

Zhenya

I plan on getting the following (open to suggestions):
- 1 or 2 ocellaris clowns
- 1 yellow watchman goby
- 1 candy stripe pistol shrimp (hopefully paired up with goby)
- 1 firefish

For corals, I have just started researching but obviously I want the easy/beginner ones. I love the frogspan and the leather corals. Still have so much research to do on this and would welcome any tips for the BEST beginner corals.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on getting the following (open to suggestions):
- 1 or 2 ocellaris clowns
- 1 yellow watchman goby
- 1 candy stripe pistol shrimp (hopefully paired up with goby)
- 1 firefish

For corals, I have just started researching but obviously I want the easy/beginner ones. I love the frogspan and the leather corals. Still have so much research to do on this and would welcome any tips for the BEST beginner corals.

Nice choice!
leather, zoa's and mushrooms are good and they are very easy:)

Zhenya

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! :D

machspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jenyphur you must work for SW or old AW.

I love the Maldives. I'm a pilot for Emirates, from California but live in Dubai and go down to the Maldives a few times every year. I'm just in love with the place.

OP
OP
Jenyphur

Jenyphur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love the Maldives. I'm a pilot for Emirates, from California but live in Dubai and go down to the Maldives a few times every year. I'm just in love with the place.
Good guess...I actually work for American Airlines but we flew Qatar from PHL to Doha and then to Male. We did fly Emirates from Male to Dubai..stayed for 5 days. Do you like living there ? I am in love with Maldives.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Welcome to you as well!

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HWV-2-2.jpg

MyTank.jpg

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow AZ reefer :) looks like your diving in full steam ahead and good luck with the tank. Share those FTS to show us the progress.

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying from a LFS...Studio Blue..they are awesome. I am getting ocellaris clownfish and maybe some CUC depending on the advice I get. :)

That's is crazy I just looked up Studio Blue store, I have lived in Surprise 12 years now and had NO idea this store was there! It looks like a very clean shop do they carry a lot of corals? Small world

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definitely get a cuc at the same time as fish to clean up. Some cerith nassarius astrias ( might have butchered those names lol )

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have some absolutely beautiful corals but again I am a novice so everything looks beautiful to me LOL

I thought I had visited every SW store in Phx but this one I missed. They have some amazing and very large corals at decent prices. I picked up a few pieces this week. I'm glad I read your thread I had this store in my neighborhood and missed it all this time, Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back