565 hydor koralia nano aquarium circulation pump

So far I have a ricordea mushroom
A green star polyp
A candy cane coral (my favorite so far)
And a hammer coral
Some invertebrates
A coral banded shrimp
And a crab not sure what type
Also I have seen copepods but mostly a lot of amphipods inside my sump and my tank as well
My fish are in a quarantine tank because sadly was buying fish without being quarantined ‍♂️ lesson learned and I lost 2 clown fish to it so I decided to take these steps to having them quarantined for about a month ? I think that’s right, anyways I learned it all watching YouTube videos and reading forums like these which have helped me out a lot but I still have so much to learn, anyways any advice to make my tank better would definitely be appreciated thanks guys...

87733523-696D-4B68-A91F-81AF5886AF68.jpeg A6217F10-26EA-41C3-A9F1-AF8420706113.jpeg 536691DD-406C-49CA-91C0-5BC7EE42CB92.jpeg 11C6EADB-1458-4B9B-BB6C-C4037F3A5476.jpeg

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a well thought out setup! Nice precision work on the egg-crate.

I'm not very familiar with your DT light, but it's awful close to the water. Might be a little concerned about water damage and/or a strong spotlight effect with less than ideal coverage. Longer-term issue though.

Love it,

spockwelcome.jpg

OP
OP
S550stang

S550stang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a well thought out setup! Nice precision work on the egg-crate.

I'm not very familiar with your DT light, but it's awful close to the water. Might be a little concerned about water damage and/or a strong spotlight effect with less than ideal coverage. Longer-term issue though.

Love it,

spockwelcome.jpg
[/QUOTE
Tank is looking great!!! I see you have, what looks like clownfish in QT, great fish, do you plan on any other fish?
I had 3 green chromis but two died, and I also have a flame hawckfish they are all in the quarantine tank, I would like to get a mandarin and a six like wrasse, also an angel fish but I hear those aren’t that reef friendly, I would like to get anything reef safe and colorful, any suggestions on any colorful fish would be appreciated ...

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 3 green chromis but two died, and I also have a flame hawckfish they are all in the quarantine tank, I would like to get a mandarin and a six like wrasse, also an angel fish but I hear those aren’t that reef friendly, I would like to get anything reef safe and colorful, any suggestions on any colorful fish would be appreciated ...
If wrasses r in the future then may I suggest getting rid of the egg crate lid for a netted cover, wrasses jump and they can, and do as I found out in QT, get hurt when they hit the egg crate lids. Wrasses in general are colorful and beautiful and have a ton of personality. Good luck on the new tank. Again, welcome to the hobby.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back