hi782 reagent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bopught 4 boxes a while back when the unit was first released, and the first batch of reagents got released. Even @Hanna Instruments has said they are having supply problems. There was a pic from hanna while back that showed their initial supply of several hundred boxes of reagents, they obviously got snatched up quick by people like me. Sorry.

FWIW, this is not just a hanna issue, almost every industry is having supply problems. The global supply chain has been greatly disrupted by covid, it's going to take a while to get back to normal, if it ever does.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bopught 4 boxes a while back when the unit was first released, and the first batch of reagents got released. Even @Hanna Instruments has said they are having supply problems. There was a pic from hanna while back that showed their initial supply of several hundred boxes of reagents, they obviously got snatched up quick by people like me. Sorry.

FWIW, this is not just a hanna issue, almost every industry is having supply problems. The global supply chain has been greatly disrupted by covid, it's going to take a while to get back to normal, if it ever does.
It must be hard for some people to accept that supply chains are struggling in all industries. It’s bad everywhere.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they can’t support their new product with necessary items then they shouldn’t have released it. It wasn’t like they had trouble getting supplies of reagents for a checker that had been on the market for ages. They released a new product that they couldn’t, and still can’t, support. That should have been foreseeable, even with the current situation regarding shipping costs/delays.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We overnighter a new tester just to get 25 reagents. its looking like its going to be a minute before they get back in stock

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light fixtures that littered the shelves are special order to make now. Hanna is trying to sell a product that they mass produced likely prior to the pandemic. Would you buy their checker if it came without reagent? I wouldn’t. Would you buy the reagent at double the price if it meant them stop selling the kit on order to sell the reagent to keep us happy? I wouldn’t. I don’t expect a corporation to sit on a bunch of their testers in order to sell us reagent. Are you gonna buy their checkers when the reagent completely runs out so that they’re happy? I ain’t. Nobody likes the situation but, we’re in it and probably won’t be out of it any time soon. I have my Red Sea kits as backup. Everyone wants industry to get back to normal but very few want to make the proper sacrifices so that industries can get back to business. It sucks I get it but………

if I quoted someone, sorry. Maybe running and responding to forums should be done at different times lol.

Last edited:

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We will have to agree to disagree. I will never believe that this release has been anything less than totally unprofessional, as is also the case with their customer service response (or complete lack of) to my query about reagents.

Do you honestly think they mass produced these over 18 months ago? I don’t believe that for one minute.

Edited to add: They could post here, on their sponsor forum, and update us as to what is going on but they choose not to. They haven't answered anyone's queries here since Nov 20. It makes you wonder why they even bother to have a sponsor forum.

Last edited:

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t answer for their lack of answering. All’s I can say is that industries, all around, are suffering. Which in turn makes us suffer as consumers. It is what it is. We live in a cor•por•al world. I’ve even seen articles of local restaurants having to close for 3 days out of the week because of lack of employment and their vendors have even jacked up the prices of disposable cutlery because product to make it is dwindling. Sorry bud. Not picking a fight at all. It’s just the climate where we currently sit. I have customers breathing down my neck for occupancy sensors that have been back order for months. I’m in the electrical field and have seen some crazy things because of the pandemic. Square D is a breaker manufacturer. They’ve had to accept that they’re gonna have multi-color breakers now because even resin is becoming scarce.

And yes, I do believe that they mass produced these even months ago. Long ago I worked at a electronic board manufacturing factory……These products are a thought way before we’ve ever dreamed of.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still Waiting!!!

Waiting Gif GIF

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask saltwater aquarium to open one of the checker kits and sell you the reagent in it. Let us know how that goes. I just received an email pushing back the wall sensors I ordered 5 months ago to January.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ask saltwater aquarium to open one of the checker kits and sell you the reagent in it. Let us know how that goes. I just received an email pushing back the wall sensors I ordered 5 months ago to January.

Well it's obvious how well that will go, but that is exactly what Hanna should be doing, rather than leaving their customers in the lurch.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's obvious how well that will go, but that is exactly what Hanna should be doing, rather than leaving their customers in the lurch.
I completely understand your frustration. I truly hope Hanna gets the capabilities to start sending out reagent for your tester. I’m on your side but I also like to look at things through a non-biased lense. And in their defense. We don’t know if theyve stockpiled loads of ready to go packaged kits and distribute them when requested, we also don’t know if production of said kits has stopped. What we do know is that industries all over the world are being affected by shortages. For the time being, keep testing with your plan B and try not to be so flustered about something we have no power over.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whilst it might appear that I'm pitching against you, I actually agree with a lot of what you've said. Whilst I also agree we have no power over it, @Hanna Instruments could at least try to do something to appease those who bought the checkers in good faith.

For example, they were extremely slow at letting customers know about the delays. They were still taking orders as if they had the reagents in stock when they didn't. Only subsequently did they start letting people know that there would be a 4-6 week delay. Even now, they are requiring people to pay immediately to secure a delivery slot in 4-6 weeks time; they won't even wait until the items are available until they charge you.

IMO they should be doing something to apologise to their customers. If this involves them physically opening their stock of checkers to free up some reagents, or offering some form of apology discount if you order now and wait 6 weeks, or at the very least not charge people until their items ship then so be it. Their actual response is to bury their head in the sand.

I've emailed asking to return my paperweight back to them for a full refund. We will see what they say but I can already guess what their response will be (that is, if they bother to reply at all). Their response to difficult questions appears to be to put their fingers in their ears and play silent, like a child, from my experience so far.

My annoyance isn't so much the lack of reagents, but Hanna's response to it.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I get it. Just knowing the current climate lends me to be a little more understanding. They might be getting the run around from their vendors as well. I can only use my industry as an example. I’d hate to be in their shoes they surely must be getting bombarded with emails at the moment. As to why they’re taking payment with a promise to complete the order…..I can only assume that, when they get the materials needed to make the reagent, they will give those who’ve paid, first dibs at it.

read today that GM is halting some of their vehicles production because of a chip shortage. Never would have I imagined that this would be a world we lived in.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone's feeling adventurous, it might be possible to use these reagents:

All 3 are required as is, obviously, creating your own calibration curve.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you folks could stop ordering 4-25ct boxes at a time? Why do you need 100 packets of reagent? You only need to test nitrate 1-2 times a month. Thanks hoarders.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a life and death situation. I’m still on my 10 included packet from the checker. How many times you need to test nitrate?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a life and death situation. I’m still on my 10 included packet from the checker. How many times you need to test nitrate?
If you have to dose nitrates then it's not uncommon for someone to check it pretty regularly. For a long time with the exception of alkalinity it was the parameter that I checked the most at two or three times a week. As I've increased bioload in my tank I don't have to dose nitrates very often so I'm currently only testing once a week.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back