hi782 reagent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s a different perspective and I understand that it’s not life and death, but I am of the school of thought that if you are sold something then it should work.

What if you bought a car and one of the wheels cracked and the manufacturer had no spares? Would you just park up and say ‘it’s fine, I can get the bus’? Or would you be onto them to sort it out?

They are still selling the checkers now, even though they know that once you’ve used it 10 times it is useless until they start providing the consumables.

And they still won’t reply to emails.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that dose nitrate, isn’t the low range better? There’s plenty of these around.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a different perspective and I understand that it’s not life and death, but I am of the school of thought that if you are sold something then it should work.

What if you bought a car and one of the wheels cracked and the manufacturer had no spares? Would you just park up and say ‘it’s fine, I can get the bus’? Or would you be onto them to sort it out?

They are still selling the checkers now, even though they know that once you’ve used it 10 times it is useless until they start providing the consumables.

And they still won’t reply to emails.
Don’t buy a car with cracked wheels.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, I’m also waiting for these reagent to become available. However, I also understand there’s supply chain issue almost everywhere. And I also understand that Hanna has new checkers coming with the refills so it’s easy to say why wouldn’t they just sell the refill and less of the checkers.
I think for the longest time, we have yearned for someone to make these checkers so we don’t have to guess with color charts. I know I was asking Hanna for this when their PO4 checked came out. Then they came out with the LR nitrate which was about 5 years too late since the popularity of ULN system has faded. Not to the mention the test procedures of the LR nitrate is a nightmare to use. Hanna finally got what a lot of us wanted with the HR nitrate checker. But again, it came out at the toughest time where supply chain is being disrupted everywhere.
Just wait. If you really need it, buy the whole kit. :D

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that dose nitrate, isn’t the low range better? There’s plenty of these around.
Sure they would do a better job but two posts later you later answered this question.
Not to the mention the test procedures of the LR nitrate is a nightmare to use.

I am also patiently waiting on reagents to become available. The reagents weren't available when I bought my checker so I'm not overly upset by the lack of them, partially because I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. This isn't the first time in the hobby that a popular piece of equipment gets released and the company isn't able to release the consumable part of it to meet demand (at least it isn't a $600 Trident sitting around without reagents).
I can see why anyone who bought this when it first came out is upset though.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically something actually happened similar to this with a car. Dodge released a car with a special sized tire that only one company made. Then after a few years everyone who bought the car were trying to get new tires. The demand overwhelmed the production and people had relatively new cars sitting around because they couldn't get the correct size tires for them. Ultimately other tire manufacturers saw the demand for that size and started making them as well.

Adam1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the reagent(s) is(are)? If multiple ingredients, their ratios, and the total weight of reagent in the Hannah 782 packets (I have my kit coming tomorrow; I could check the weight and share).

Perhaps those of us with decent enough analytical balances could obtain lab grade reagents and get by measuring our own while we wait for Hanna to restock?

I guess result quality might be a bit worse than using the Hanna packets, but might still be more accurate than color judgement on Salifert and others?

Last edited:

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the reagent(s) is(are)? If multiple ingredients, their ratios, and the weight of reagent in the Hannah packets (I have my kit coming tomorrow; I could check the weight and share.

Perhaps those of us with decent enough analytical balances good get by measuring our own while we wait for Hanna to restock?

There's a thread for that:

I found some papers that pretty much tell you the formula.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got notice of the shipment being processed. Ordered August 1st.
I ordered 2 packs from Hanna august 5th not long after you let’s see how long it takes to get my shipment notice

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hanna Instruments needs to make sure they take care of there customers in the proper order in the time they have placed instead of filling all the online stores first.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pre-Order only and all sold out. I didn’t get a notification either, presumably because they weren’t actually in stock.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back