hi782 reagent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Hanna Instruments needs to make sure they take care of there customers in the proper order in the time they have placed instead of filling all the online stores first.

Hanna doesn’t give a crap about their customers. I’ve emailed them more times than I care to remember. The only time I received a reply was when I pretended I wanted to buy 100 checkers. They replied within about 30 minutes so they read the emails, but they just bin the ones they can’t be bothered to answer.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 3 packets shipped directly from hanna, had to wait a week but should be here the 15th.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it went so fast i never even got an email notification they were in stock ;p

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna doesn’t give a crap about their customers. I’ve emailed them more times than I care to remember. The only time I received a reply was when I pretended I wanted to buy 100 checkers. They replied within about 30 minutes so they read the emails, but they just bin the ones they can’t be bothered to answer.
If you want a better response from them go to there web site and start the live chat with them and they will answer all your questions. At least that is what I did.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you want a better response from them go to there web site and start the live chat with them and they will answer all your questions. At least that is what I did.

Yet, it appears still likely you will get your SA order quicker than your Hanna order.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yet, it appears still likely you will get your SA order quicker than your Hanna order.
Yes and that is really screwed up. Makes me upset that I can order 5-6 weeks ago from Hanna and still be waiting but order today from saltwater and get in a few days smh

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be putting this nitrate checker on the shelf as a paper weight for the foreseeable future. Sad day when people hoard powder packets. I won't tell anyone what nitrate test kit I'll be using so the hoarders don't go and hoard that one too.

OP
OP
C

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be putting this nitrate checker on the shelf as a paper weight for the foreseeable future. Sad day when people hoard powder packets. I won't tell anyone what nitrate test kit I'll be using so the hoarders don't go and hoard that one too.
It's frustrating but I wouldn't nessescarily blame the people buying them. I got three boxes and for me that's only a 3 month supply. If I knew for sure that I could get a box within a week from Hanna I would just order one at a time. It's the scarcity and not knowing when they'll be back in stock that's making people buy more than they need.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in an industry that deals with imports - ocean freight is beyond unreliable at this time. If their products are not produced in the US you will be waiting. I decided, for this reason alone, to hold out purchasing the HR checker until ocean freight becomes more reliable. The company I work for is seeing delays of up to 2 weeks getting container space and up to 4 weeks getting unloaded once they are at the US ports. It may have nothing to do with Hanna themselves just the ocean freight reliability.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not answering emails, or providing proper updates, or sending out orders in sequence, or providing a method to stop bulk buying, or providing reasonable domestic shipping costs, or waiting until the product is ready to ship before charging the customer has nothing to do with ocean freight reliability.

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not answering emails, or providing proper updates, or sending out orders in sequence, or providing a method to stop bulk buying, or providing reasonable domestic shipping costs, or waiting until the product is ready to ship before charging the customer has nothing to do with ocean freight reliability.
Please note I said MAY. I am not indicating that their customer service process isn't lacking just indicating what I know from being in a company that relies on imports to so business.

Adam1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in an industry that deals with imports - ocean freight is beyond unreliable at this time. If their products are not produced in the US you will be waiting. I decided, for this reason alone, to hold out purchasing the HR checker until ocean freight becomes more reliable. The company I work for is seeing delays of up to 2 weeks getting container space and up to 4 weeks getting unloaded once they are at the US ports. It may have nothing to do with Hanna themselves just the ocean freight reliability.
My work is also in international supply chain. I agree it’s likely not Hanna’s fault, we could debate until the cows come home if they should have made and delivered more when it was possible to do so, but more importantly there is very limited stocks now and the supply chain situation isn’t getting better. I don’t know where the bottleneck is on their side, hopefully it’s just logistics of the finished goods.

At work I have even stopped trying to forecast when this logistics situation will improve. Global supply chains are stretched like we’ve never seen in our lifetimes. And also the price levels are absolutely ludicrous when you can get bookings, especially non contracted routes. We pay as we have no choice other than not to supply.

I live overseas so reliably getting American products I trust is becoming more and more difficult. So on those items I can, I’m moderately stocking up. No doomsday hoarding here but just buying a bit more buffer stock when I can.

I have hope 2022 will be better but not at all certain.

On a different note I finally got the Nitrate HR checker today with 10 reagent packs. Used it and liked it a lot. As easy as their phosphorus ULR, and I checked the same sample 3 times using a test tube with tank water as a blank for the second and third repeat. Repeatable result at least for this trial run.

Now I need to decide how I’ll ration my remaining 9 reagent packets to myself :)

Adam1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a thread for that:

I found some papers that pretty much tell you the formula.
Thanks a lot. Will read these.

Reagent weight seems to be around 0.18 g on my first test. Will share more data as I do more tests and record the weights.

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in an order with hanna on the 9th and it shipped yesterday. I did actually try to cancel the order and never heard anything back, maybe threatening to cancel bumps your order up?

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1631643881302.png

1631643930795.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back