High Alk, Low Calcium an Magnesium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Not sure what to do, my alk has been rising its at 9dkh, but my calcium is at 330 and Mag at 1000 have been dropping. Mainly sps. If increase Core7 my dkh will get higher correct?. Should I just dose separately Calc and Mag? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Flex
20220124_141246.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
flex13

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL love the answer, I was mentally complicating how to change the 4 part dosing.
I was thinking since the bottles contain
part 1 is calcium + various trace elements
part 2 is magnesium + various trace elements
parts 3a and 3b are alkality components + various trace elements.

I was wondering. if increase 1 and 2 and decrease 3a and 3b for a while. but yeah it will not even out i guess.

MrStoffel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Man, strangely enough i am experiencing the same problem here.
This has been going on for 5 months now and i can't seem to get it fixed.
Each time Kh creeps up slowly while Ca drops, if i correct Ca it will drop down again within a week or two.
I dose each component the samen amount with a GHL doser. I calibrated the doser several times thinking it was a dosing error, but ruled that out so far.
I've been using triton for over 8years now, and never had this happen. I have to say, i think something is wrong with my batch of solutions.

OP
OP
flex13

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Man, strangely enough i am experiencing the same problem here.
This has been going on for 5 months now and i can't seem to get it fixed.
Each time Kh creeps up slowly while Ca drops, if i correct Ca it will drop down again within a week or two.
I dose each component the samen amount with a GHL doser. I calibrated the doser several times thinking it was a dosing error, but ruled that out so far.
I've been using triton for over 8years now, and never had this happen. I have to say, i think something is wrong with my batch of solutions.
If fixed it by dosing more calcium and Mag. Slowly my alk started to drop. When it reached 7.5 I say around 2 weeks I got it to stabilize. But yes its a new batch of Triton. Now every once in a while i need to add more calcium. I think this why some people add a calcium reactor. My sps are sucking it up quick. I have never used a calc reactor but its in the plans. Just need to learn how to use one and incorporate with Triton.

MrStoffel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If fixed it by dosing more calcium and Mag. Slowly my alk started to drop. When it reached 7.5 I say around 2 weeks I got it to stabilize. But yes its a new batch of Triton. Now every once in a while i need to add more calcium. I think this why some people add a calcium reactor. My sps are sucking it up quick. I have never used a calc reactor but its in the plans. Just need to learn how to use one and incorporate with Triton.
Triton is designed to be dosed in equal amounts. I’ve never had this issue in all this time. If your sps are growing rapidly, alk would be consumed at the same rate as cal. Ive had several carx, but they required too much fiddling to keep the tank stable and the carx operating well…

Back