High calcium

Deanatkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was wondering if any one can help me I woke up today and noticed my clown has died I tested my water and this is my results.
Cal 520
Kh 8
Phos 0.25ppm
PH. 8.2
Nitrate 0
Magnesium 1420
Salinity 1.026
Salt I use is tropic marine pro
Any help would be great full.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off thank you for listing your parameters, that is a good habit to be in when asking these kinds of questions. Personally I don’t think your calcium harmed your clown. If you are worried about it being high you can do a water change, but I personally would not worry about it even with it being high.

Let me ask a few questions. 1. How long did you have the tank up and running? 2. How long have you had the clown? 3. How was the clown behaving recently?

I hope I, or someone else, can help you out.

OP
OP
Deanatkins

Deanatkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off thank you for listing your parameters, that is a good habit to be in when asking these kinds of questions. Personally I don’t think your calcium harmed your clown. If you are worried about it being high you can do a water change, but I personally would not worry about it even with it being high.

Let me ask a few questions. 1. How long did you have the tank up and running? 2. How long have you had the clown? 3. How was the clown behaving recently?

I hope I, or someone else, can help you out.
Thank you for getting back to me I've have the fish tank just over 2 years now and the fire clown fish just over 7 months now he seemed to be eating and acting normal. But I have noticed the my hammer coral doesn't open up as good as before.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered doing an ICP test? I had issues a year ago I could not figure out and the icp revealed the problems.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought about that how would I go about doing this.
I think it depends on where you live. However there are a few different icp tests. Triton, ICP analysis and some other I don’t remember the names.

simply buy the test, follow the instructions to get a water sample, mail it in and wait for the results to come back.Depending on the test you choose it could be a week or two.

OP
OP
Deanatkins

Deanatkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on where you live. However there are a few different icp tests. Triton, ICP analysis and some other I don’t remember the names.

simply buy the test, follow the instructions to get a water sample, mail it in and wait for the results to come back.Depending on the test you choose it could be a week or two.
Thank you I'll have a look into it.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP Test sounds like a good idea in general! Could there have been possible aggression between the clowns? I had a perfectly healthy sailfin tang that died from a territorial dispute with my yellow tang :oops:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP Test sounds like a good idea in general! Could there have been possible aggression between the clowns? I had a perfectly healthy sailfin tang that died from a territorial dispute with my yellow tang :oops:
What kind of clowns? Where they the same type of clown? If the same type were they the same size?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back