High Nitrates

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a WB 20 Cube.

My tank has been running for about 4 months. Have gone through the ugly stages.Have had a battle with DInos and have won that battle... Looks like starting to get a little more Cyano.. It is a mixed reef. My nitrates from the redsea test is roughly 35. I just did a water change yester of rougly 25 %/5 gallons. Looking to do another 10G water change on Thursday when I can buy more RO water. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I feed brine shrimp nightly.. Really focus on not trying to over feed as well as use a turkey baister on my rocks every couple nights to help with any dead space.

I do have protein skimmer and have been having it run more frequently. Still working on getting it tuned so it isn't to dryof a skim.

Any other suggestions to help battle Nitrates.

OP
OP
Dcole12

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try feeding every other day
I was thinking of cutting back. Only livestock I have is two clowns a YWG. So I think cutting back will be good and helpful.. Thanks! I think for time being just need to continue water changes to really get nitrates down.

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I currently have a WB 20 Cube.

My tank has been running for about 4 months. Have gone through the ugly stages.Have had a battle with DInos and have won that battle... Looks like starting to get a little more Cyano.. It is a mixed reef. My nitrates from the redsea test is roughly 35. I just did a water change yester of rougly 25 %/5 gallons. Looking to do another 10G water change on Thursday when I can buy more RO water. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I feed brine shrimp nightly.. Really focus on not trying to over feed as well as use a turkey baister on my rocks every couple nights to help with any dead space.

I do have protein skimmer and have been having it run more frequently. Still working on getting it tuned so it isn't to dryof a skim.

Any other suggestions to help battle Nitrates.
Run the protein skimmer all the time. Carbon dose with red sea only half of the recommended dose every day I did this and it works may take a couple of weeks but it works you could even invest in a cheato reactor seems to be working in my tank. Good luck and happy reefing.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back