High phosphates , low nitrate

Gogo007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to follow up this thread i will update my situations now ... After adjusting the balance between nitrate and phosphate for long time i never used any type of chemical filtration like gfo or any others .. now my nitrate and phosphate is going down naturally i think its consumed by bacteria in tank ... But what is strange that i always follow my eye and see how is my corals looks like and what is the best levels for my tank to keep it at .. i noticed that at low levels of nitrate and phosphate my corals become pale and lose alot of colors like suffering i mean by low level like 2 to 5 ppm of no3 and 0.05 or less po4 .. so i follow a routine of coral food to raise both regularly i used MINS coral food by funna marine .. i noticed that my corals colors and growth becomes very nice at po4 levels of 0.15 and 0.25 and high nitrate 10 to 20ppm and never seen algae or cyano at those levels its strange for me to believe that i tested with different testers to be sure of the reading but thats it high levels is what makes my tank happy and amazing does anyone noticed the same and if you are in my situation will you keep high nutrients or lower it as most of reefers saying ?!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back