Highly unprofessional, unethical and shameful order delivery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@LiveAquaria

I ordered 2 fishes from Liveaquaria Order Number: A3942536 and Order Number: A3942537 on february 19th. Next monday I received an email quoting that COVID is messing up with shipping so they want to ship it later. Fine, no issue. I don't want the animals to suffer. After that complete radio silence. Then today just an hour back I came back home from office and there is a fedex van in front of my door delivering something. I wondered what did I order. Then I saw the the guy was holding 2 Live aquaria boxes. I was shocked. I quickly opened the boxes and found both of my fishes inside. One of them is a moorish idol possibly one of the most fragile fish in the hobby and the other one a wrasse. I am currently drip acclimating them. They are both in shock and stressed. Now my question is being a customer is it too much to ask for a shipping confirmation email? Those 2 poor animals has done nothing wrong to go through this kind of torture. Its just stupid and shameful way to run any business. If in case I was travelling they would be left in front of doors for days and die. I don't have words to express how furious I am currently. This is possibly the last time I did business with you. Thanks.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I generally prefer their Divers den as they always proven to be quality fishes but this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moorish idol was DD. The wrasse was just live aquaria.You are right.Next time possibly I will give my money to someone who cares.
That’s painful man ! I hope they make through honestly . But yeah probably some place like TSM or Dr.reef or Marinecollectors who care.
Problem is there are some rare fishes the DD gets which no other can or you have to put in special order which involves hit or miss

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s painful man ! I hope they make through honestly . But yeah probably some place like TSM or Dr.reef or Marinecollectors who care
Yes, you are right. I contacted TSM for few fishes. They are just awesome. They communicate with for every step and respond to all your querries.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks :( Hoping the fish pull through

It's been a growing trend with Liveaquaria service and livestock, both from CA and WI facilities. I will say the customer service agents are friendly and try to resolve issues, unfortunately, they can't solve problems with fish and coral health.

I've had great success with the fish from divers den in the past, fish that are still swimming in my tank to this day, but my recent order of an exquisite wrasse through divers den came with flukes and ich, I QT everything... I treated the fish for longer than I wanted in a 15g tank, fish ultimately died from the stress. I would have written it off as a one-off issue but subsequent orders I had the same results... and with the reduction in their fish guarantee, no refund, and better sellers... think my business is going to go elsewhere.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sucks :( Hoping the fish pull through

It's been a growing trend with Liveaquaria service and livestock, both from CA and WI facilities. I will say the customer service agents are friendly and try to resolve issues, unfortunately, they can't solve problems with fish and coral health.

I've had great success with the fish from divers den in the past, fish that are still swimming in my tank to this day, but my recent order of an exquisite wrasse through divers den came with flukes and ich, I QT everything... I treated the fish for longer than I wanted in a 15g tank, fish ultimately died from the stress. I would have written it off as a one-off issue but subsequent orders I had the same results... and with the reduction in their fish guarantee, no refund, and better sellers... think my business is going to go elsewhere.
If it was delayed delivery from Fedex I ill never blame LA. But this is different. Ignorant about what you do is never a good way to run a business. If you don't care about the animals you sell then you should do something else.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was delayed delivery from Fedex I ill never blame LA. But this is different. Ignorant about what you do is never a good way to run a business. If you don't care about the animals you sell then you should do something else.
Agreed, not trying to jump on a bashing bandwagon, just disappointing the way quality and service have gone down. With more shops selling online now the competition for them is gonna get stiff... hopefully, they can right the ship and get back to the higher standard they used to have. I'm sure being sold multiple times isn't helping the cause though.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Anirban Good evening, we tried to call you regarding your concerns and received your voicemail. The past 3 weeks we have experienced unfortunate delays due to weather across the US as well as operational/carrier delays at the hubs. Yesterday, we were finally able to start fulfilling a lot of the orders that were held. We are happy that your orders shipped, and very apologetic that you did not receive your shipping confirmation email. We suggest you check your spam or junk folders as these would have both been sent in the evening yesterday. If you find they are not there, please let us know so we are able to verify your email account and or request an alternative from you. Thank you Anirban, please know that we would not fulfill these orders without informing you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s irresponsible to only send a shipping confirmation email. The buyer may have been unable to receive a package.
Exact shipping dates for live animals should be agreed by both parties prior to shipment. No exceptions.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say luckily they didn’t have any deals otherwise I couldn’t resist. Not that they have absolutely no deals going on and hearing all horror stories just not good. LA need to step up their games.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Anirban Good evening, we tried to call you regarding your concerns and received your voicemail. The past 3 weeks we have experienced unfortunate delays due to weather across the US as well as operational/carrier delays at the hubs. Yesterday, we were finally able to start fulfilling a lot of the orders that were held. We are happy that your orders shipped, and very apologetic that you did not receive your shipping confirmation email. We suggest you check your spam or junk folders as these would have both been sent in the evening yesterday. If you find they are not there, please let us know so we are able to verify your email account and or request an alternative from you. Thank you Anirban, please know that we would not fulfill these orders without informing you. We look forward to hearing from you!
I just saw your call. Sorry for not picking it up. The wrasse is pretty beat up but surprisingly moorish idol is not possibly because its a DD item. I receive atleast one email from your your website daily about all the deals and also when I placed the order I received confirmation in the same email. I checked the spam folder but nothing is there. I understand the current situation as a lot of dry goods are also arriving late as they are getting stuck in Memphis but please be sure before shipping that you have contacted the buyer otherwise a lot of these poor animals will suffer because of our error.

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t buy anything from them except food. Their treatment and shipping of livestock has been abysmal and getting worse past few years. Terrible for the fish and critters. Terribly disrespectful to the customers. Trying to get refunds or having them reship is a nightmare. Shop your local LFS. Stop ordering from this company until they have shown they have their act together for a year or two. Disgraceful.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw your call. Sorry for not picking it up. The wrasse is pretty beat up but surprisingly moorish idol is not possibly because its a DD item. I receive atleast one email from your your website daily about all the deals and also when I placed the order I received confirmation in the same email. I checked the spam folder but nothing is there. I understand the current situation as a lot of dry goods are also arriving late as they are getting stuck in Memphis but please be sure before shipping that you have contacted the buyer otherwise a lot of these poor animals will suffer because of our error.
@Anirban
Thank you for your reply. I will have our IT department look into troubleshooting with the reasons why you didnt receive these very important, time sensitive emails. Please keep us posted, we share your sentiments for the health of the animals. Have a good night.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s irresponsible to only send a shipping confirmation email. The buyer may have been unable to receive a package.
Exact shipping dates for live animals should be agreed by both parties prior to shipment. No exceptions.
@Fishyjoey
We agree, when orders are held, we request that customers inform us of days they may not be available to accept the animals.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Anirban
Thank you for your reply. I will have our IT department look into troubleshooting with the reasons why you didnt receive these very important, time sensitive emails. Please keep us posted, we share your sentiments for the health of the animals. Have a good night.
It has never happened before and I hope it will not repeat. I will keep you posted with the condition. The wrasse is pretty beat up. I am hopeful that it will survive.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ignorant about what you do is never a good way to run a business. If you don't care about the animals you sell then you should do something else.
You guys are absolutely right. Their customer service seems to be great (as even evident here), but that can't solve the issue of their live stock quality itself. I have tried to suggest to them to have a very good look at how they are holding their live stock and everything, to no avail. It is unfortunate but... oh well. I guess there are plenty of... fish (stores) in the sea country. XD

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the wrasse did not survive the night. It was just too stressful for it. It was a beautiful fish.

20210303_080456.jpg

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I dealt w them for years NO more!!!! Really disgusted w what I got both fresh and marine fish could have done better at Petco!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had many good experiences with LA but I also had an experience where an item did not ship and I was not notified until I called and asked where the fish was, I had taken off work and everything and they didn't take the time to tell me the order was delayed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back