Highly unprofessional, unethical and shameful order delivery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wrasse did not survive the night. It was just too stressful for it. It was a beautiful fish.

20210303_080456.jpg
@Anirban
We are very sorry for the loss of the Fairy Wrasse. We will use the above image as your claim for the DOA loss. The credit is applied to your customer account for $80.43. As mentioned yesterday, a ticket has been opened to explore your report of non receipt of the shipping confirmation emails. Thank you and please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t buy anything from them except food. Their treatment and shipping of livestock has been abysmal and getting worse past few years. Terrible for the fish and critters. Terribly disrespectful to the customers. Trying to get refunds or having them reship is a nightmare. Shop your local LFS. Stop ordering from this company until they have shown they have their act together for a year or two. Disgraceful.
I could not disagree more with your assessment. I purchase from Divers Den often and the experience is excellent. Customer service is top notch. I always get shipping emails. Recently the country under went a huge freeze (vis a vis Texas and much of the mid west). Unfortunately, DD shipped my order and it arrived COLD. I contacted customer service for help on what I should do. To my surprise and satisfaction I immediately received a credit for the live stock (over $600) no questions asked. My next order they sent an email advising they would hold the shipment until such time as weather would permit. I see so many stories here where vendors put buyers through hoops. I suspect often times the issues are the buyer treats the customer service rep with disrespect and (unfortunately) gets the same in return.

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Anirban
We are very sorry for the loss of the Fairy Wrasse. We will use the above image as your claim for the DOA loss. The credit is applied to your customer account for $80.43. As mentioned yesterday, a ticket has been opened to explore your report of non receipt of the shipping confirmation emails. Thank you and please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns
Thanks for the update. Its sad to loose such a pretty fish. I am still receiving your site updates in my email so don't know what happened. How can I view the account credit?

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not disagree more with your assessment. I purchase from Divers Den often and the experience is excellent. Customer service is top notch. I always get shipping emails. Recently the country under went a huge freeze (vis a vis Texas and much of the mid west). Unfortunately, DD shipped my order and it arrived COLD. I contacted customer service for help on what I should do. To my surprise and satisfaction I immediately received a credit for the live stock (over $600) no questions asked. My next order they sent an email advising they would hold the shipment until such time as weather would permit. I see so many stories here where vendors put buyers through hoops. I suspect often times the issues are the buyer treats the customer service rep with disrespect and (unfortunately) gets the same in return.
Totally disagree with your last sentence. I have ordered from them multiple times over the years. I’ve had 2 orders in maybe a dozen that didn’t have problems. Shipping out animals in bad condition, in dirty water etc is inexcusable. That is customer service to as well as animal cruelty.
They have gotten worse and worse over the years, and I haven’t found it much different in divers den. Sorry, you are blowing smoke.

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally disagree with your last sentence. I have ordered from them multiple times over the years. I’ve had 2 orders in maybe a dozen that didn’t have problems. Shipping out animals in bad condition, in dirty water etc is inexcusable. That is customer service to as well as animal cruelty.
They have gotten worse and worse over the years, and I haven’t found it much different in divers den. Sorry, you are blowing smoke.
"Sorry you are blowing smoke" - Attitude. I rest my case.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Its sad to loose such a pretty fish. I am still receiving your site updates in my email so don't know what happened. How can I view the account credit?
@Anirban
Our IT department did not come up with a resolution. According to their records, the emails were both sent. Very odd! Next time you place an order, reach out to us and we will watch the order through fulfillment and contact you to ensure the email was sent/received.
Credit Use: Please add a note in the comment box stating your wishes to use your store credit. This box is located above the "Place Order Now" button on the Review & Finalize page of checkout
Have a great rest of your day!

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Sorry you are blowing smoke" - Attitude. I rest my case.
So at this point, I would like to chime in again.

I think right now@Falreef's response to your reply are affected by that your reply to Falreef focused a lot on customer service, even though you started it with 'I could not disagree more with your assessment'. The issue here is Falreef's assessment included more than just a statement of LiveAquaria's service, but their actual live stock quality. It is what Falreef's most recent reply also reaffirmed, that 'shipping out animals in bad condition, in dirty water etc is inexcusable. That is customer service to as well as animal cruelty.' So when you say 'I could not disagree more with your assessment', it would have logically lead to the thought that you are disagreeing that their live stock quality is generally bad. Now, you might actually really be thinking that, even if you did not explicitly say that. I don't know.

Either way, it feels like there is a bit of incongruence between what you are arguing for, and what Falreef is exactly arguing against.

To be fair to you, you are right in that their customer service seems to be great, when it comes to how they respond to issues with orders and refunding/crediting purchases. This is evident in this entire thread, and I myself experienced the same level of customer service, in that term. I showed respect to them, and received respect back.

However, I don't think this makes all the bad live stock quality excusable, and I am sure others do as well, though perhaps of different reasons. A lot of people probably just do not want live stock to unnecessarily suffer, period. I personally have developed a bit of apathy towards that, but I do care about not having to deal with deaths or unhealthy live stock, because I want to spend more time actually enjoying my aquarium. This is not easy when bad quality live stock are continuously sent. In fact, in one case for me, 'bad quality' literally meant instead of five hermit crabs, I received six empty shells and aiptasia in one of them. Most of the time it is half-dead animals that I try to nurse back to health to no avail. Some I essentially had to toss immediately. My personal count is half of the value of my live stock had to be credited by LiveAquaria due to the poor quality of the live stock received, which in my opinion is a lot.

This is quite very unfortunate. I really do want to support a store like LiveAquaria because at the end of the day, it is nice to have a place with a lot of stock to purchase from. However, I just can't bring myself to deal with the likelihood that half of my live stock order ever arrives in good enough health to even be nursable back to health, because that also really ruin plans. 'Oh well, there goes a bunch of cuc I need, now I have to order them again, etc.'

I still order dry stock from LiveAquaria though. Again, their customer service is great, so I don't have an issue dealing with them. But yeah, live stock... nah. I would much rather order from other stores where I know there is a higher chance that I probably can keep everything that arrives. Makes planning much easier, and I can spend more time enjoying the aquarium than nursing terrible quality live stock back to health.

P.S. Just to be clear, I am not stating one way or the other than Falreef or anyone else was disrespectful to the staff at LiveAquaria. I can also see why Falreef responded to you the way Falreef did, but I would also like to point out that that does not necessarily reflect how Falreef would have dealt with LiveAquaria.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Anirban
Our IT department did not come up with a resolution. According to their records, the emails were both sent. Very odd! Next time you place an order, reach out to us and we will watch the order through fulfillment and contact you to ensure the email was sent/received.
Credit Use: Please add a note in the comment box stating your wishes to use your store credit. This box is located above the "Place Order Now" button on the Review & Finalize page of checkout
Have a great rest of your day!
Ok, I checked the junk folder. Nothing there. I will reach out to you next time I place an order. Thanks for the help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very unfortunate But glad to see this was handled amicably and without derogitory comments.
I have had issues myself, but always resolved by Live aquaria.

Fish Care Practitioner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day, DD had 5/10 new fish listed with blemishes. How did they get 4 purple tang, all damaged? I see more and more blemished fish for sale on DD. The decline of is very sad.

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at this point, I would like to chime in again.

I think right now@Falreef's response to your reply are affected by that your reply to Falreef focused a lot on customer service, even though you started it with 'I could not disagree more with your assessment'. The issue here is Falreef's assessment included more than just a statement of LiveAquaria's service, but their actual live stock quality. It is what Falreef's most recent reply also reaffirmed, that 'shipping out animals in bad condition, in dirty water etc is inexcusable. That is customer service to as well as animal cruelty.' So when you say 'I could not disagree more with your assessment', it would have logically lead to the thought that you are disagreeing that their live stock quality is generally bad. Now, you might actually really be thinking that, even if you did not explicitly say that. I don't know.

Either way, it feels like there is a bit of incongruence between what you are arguing for, and what Falreef is exactly arguing against.

To be fair to you, you are right in that their customer service seems to be great, when it comes to how they respond to issues with orders and refunding/crediting purchases. This is evident in this entire thread, and I myself experienced the same level of customer service, in that term. I showed respect to them, and received respect back.

However, I don't think this makes all the bad live stock quality excusable, and I am sure others do as well, though perhaps of different reasons. A lot of people probably just do not want live stock to unnecessarily suffer, period. I personally have developed a bit of apathy towards that, but I do care about not having to deal with deaths or unhealthy live stock, because I want to spend more time actually enjoying my aquarium. This is not easy when bad quality live stock are continuously sent. In fact, in one case for me, 'bad quality' literally meant instead of five hermit crabs, I received six empty shells and aiptasia in one of them. Most of the time it is half-dead animals that I try to nurse back to health to no avail. Some I essentially had to toss immediately. My personal count is half of the value of my live stock had to be credited by LiveAquaria due to the poor quality of the live stock received, which in my opinion is a lot.

This is quite very unfortunate. I really do want to support a store like LiveAquaria because at the end of the day, it is nice to have a place with a lot of stock to purchase from. However, I just can't bring myself to deal with the likelihood that half of my live stock order ever arrives in good enough health to even be nursable back to health, because that also really ruin plans. 'Oh well, there goes a bunch of cuc I need, now I have to order them again, etc.'

I still order dry stock from LiveAquaria though. Again, their customer service is great, so I don't have an issue dealing with them. But yeah, live stock... nah. I would much rather order from other stores where I know there is a higher chance that I probably can keep everything that arrives. Makes planning much easier, and I can spend more time enjoying the aquarium than nursing terrible quality live stock back to health.

P.S. Just to be clear, I am not stating one way or the other than Falreef or anyone else was disrespectful to the staff at LiveAquaria. I can also see why Falreef responded to you the way Falreef did, but I would also like to point out that that does not necessarily reflect how Falreef would have dealt with LiveAquaria.
I dealt with them to totally appropriately, followed all the instructions and was met with - “let me check the order”, “no we didn’t send those, we gave you an equivalent - ie: on a type of chromis - they couldn’t even identify the fish they sent out”. Getting credit is not easy, where to locate your credit balance etc snd put it in the reorder isn’t clear either.
mri say nothing of the inconvenience of planning a day to receive livestock, only to be spending the time documenting the death, water quality / lack thereof, incorrectly filled orders. Instead of being happy about getting in a nice fish, acclimating them and getting them into the tanks.
The blowing smoke comment was just for the attitude of the “everything is always great when I deal with them individual “ and discounting others experiences. That response is inappropriate.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back