OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is dory’s cycled hospital tank. Awesome for qt. She’s in there hiding. So I have prazipro coppersafe. Furan 2. General cure and ich x

Attachments

• 495152AD-1017-485B-B65F-DE168EA9DB65.jpeg
    495152AD-1017-485B-B65F-DE168EA9DB65.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she gets nori. Flakes. Pellets and spirulina brine shrimp everyday. She gets fed 3 times a day. Water has Uv and skimmed. Water is pristine quality

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal dory now has a white spot on her eye she’s eating but not as active like before. She’s in general cure and 2.0ppm copper safe at the moment

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems she’s been plagued from the beginning. I’ve done nothing but the best I could and still am. I’ve purchased 200 dollars in meds for her so far and adding

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I'm still not seeing a clear course of action here - the "pits" on the body could be really bad HLLE, The cloudy eye is new, but just one eye? Flukes or injury are the two most common causes for cloudy eyes. You've dosed prazipro and general cure, and a FW dip, so that should have taken care of flukes. I've lost track, have you run antibiotics for a full 5 day course yet? It is in a tank by itself, right?

Jay

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I'm still not seeing a clear course of action here - the "pits" on the body could be really bad HLLE, The cloudy eye is new, but just one eye? Flukes or injury are the two most common causes for cloudy eyes. You've dosed prazipro and general cure, and a FW dip, so that should have taken care of flukes. I've lost track, have you run antibiotics for a full 5 day course yet? It is in a tank by itself, right?

Jay
Yes jay. She’s in her own cycled hospital tank. Has general cure and coppersafe. If she’s ok soon I will dose kanaplex thanks so much for your help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In one instance, looks to me like HLLE and improper diet and on the other hand appears like Hyper-melaninization although more common with clownfish leads to question- Is there an anemone in the tank? Stings from anemone or coral such as torch or hammer will also do this.
On the HLLE/possible erosion... water quality plays an important role as does diet. When a fish has a specific diet, it must be provided for overall health and immunity to such issues. You mentioned feeding nori, Flakes. Pellets and spirulina brine shrimp. Acceptable foods but not a complete diet to satisfy the requirements fr this fish as well as other fish and tangs in general.
I recommend adding :
LRS herbivore diet
Hikari marine Cuisine
mysis shrimp
Formula 2 frozen
small plankton
Nori
- baste it with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days add Garlic extract to the foods for overall stamina and immunity health.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a torch in the tank. No nems. I haven’t seen her get to close to the corals. Most are small frags still. Water has been prestine. Diet pellets flakes. Spirulina brine and nori

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your hospital tank looks great! The least amount of stress is really helpful in the healing process of hippos. I’d suggest after this round of treatment to give it some time to recover with continued pristine water quality, low stress and mix in some other foods (grocery store clam, krill, roe, fresh macro...plus your current menu).

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought krill roe a better mysis package I am doing my best

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Dory has been in hospital tank for over a week now. She’s getting roe which she has been enjoying. Her appetite at the beginning was bad from copper and general cure. But a lot better. She’s also getting mysis and brine and high quality pellets. Selcon will be here tomorrow and I’m going to the fish market to make my own frozen fish food. Wanna here an awwww? She swims and stays in one corner of her qt tank because she can see her old reef and her friends. It’s ok she will be back soon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back