History was made with the $24,999.99 fish!

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this is the fish I would buy if I had $25k to spend on a fish!
Absolutely. I've seen some published deals for that one too where it was something like 18k for the fish, that 25k price came with a trip to Hawaii to visit Karen and pick the fish personally that you get to take home. Would be so awesome.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm grouping this fish in with Jellyfish.....which are deep water and known to last about 6mos and avg. I know this after talking to the Main Caretaker at a public aquarium where they have a Jellyfish room.

As a former jelly care taker at a PA, this isn't really correct - the majority of jellies on display are not deep water. Most have short lifespans (6 months to a year) in the 'jelly' phase of their cycle.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a p h e n o m e n a l tank based on the choices I've made.
Please share a pic with us. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of your tank and would love to see it.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W’sup peeps.

First off we all know it was @Hemmdog was who bought that fish and is playing it cool.

Next, may be me. I hate controversy, but how does a thread turn from “hey check this out” to a “heated debate”? (I know this is forum life, but let’s all get along to help my anxiety. I’m almost out of pills)

And. I am totally patenting this for human use. It will have 3 sections, appetizers, entree, and desert.

Funny-Dog-Eating-Popcorn-Video-Gif.gif

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a former jelly care taker at a PA, this isn't really correct - the majority of jellies on display are not deep water. Most have short lifespans (6 months to a year) in the 'jelly' phase of their cycle.

Wait...reason and fact ...how can that be?? Thanks for the info in an often info less tirade

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably died and they don’t want the world to know. So it “sold”. Just like the dog I had when I was a kid that went to live on a farm with lots of room to run around with lots of other dogs...

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank god my order went through. I can't wait to introduce this guy into my shark tank with all those trigger fish.

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe if aliens started abducting humans, taking us back to their home planet, and putting us on display in tiny cages for their amusement we might change our opinion on whether any form of animal captivity is justified or acceptable. I just hope they write good articles on human2human.com to help the noobs manage our oxygen levels properly...

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Okay- a couple things.

I already have seen behind the “curtain”. The person who purchased the fish has over 16k gallons of Aquariums in their home, and has many fish in a similar price range (including, one of these exact angels). Now he will have a pair.

Did you talk to the owner and ask about how he obtained the fish?

That is why I discourage people from inventing (false) hypothetical situations. (Is that better than saying conspiracy theories?) Why should a company disclose to you the identity of a customer who purchased something very valuable? That is NEVER the case in any business; it’s called customer confidentiality.

I knew it! I figured it was either him or TK.

Hopefully FB updates are to follow. I haven’t seen an up-to-date build thread for either in a few months....

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe if aliens started abducting humans, taking us back to their home planet, and putting us on display in tiny cages for their amusement we might change our opinion on whether any form of animal captivity is justified or acceptable. I just hope they write good articles on human2human.com to help the noobs manage our oxygen levels properly...

Maybe we already are doing that

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool fish! Really Hope at some point we get to see more videos of it and the tank it’s in!

Everyone’s talking about a $50 gift card, I guess the 20% off divers den summer sizzler sale passed! Sure would of beat that gift card!

Crimson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We at humans2humans feel bad for messing you up...sorry. We didn't know weed with low o2 levels would have such of an effect on your mental state. After reading your post we will do better!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably did not sell for $25k. They probably had a buyer lined up before they purchased it wholesale. They are probably very happy that threads like this are happening.
Supplier and Divers Den are entirely different stock. Divers den acclimated it to captivity. They did sell, I’m guessing. I’d be far more likely to buy something like that quarantined or conditioned before direct from any wholesaler, personally.

I won’t buy fish that expensive period, but if I did, it wouldn’t be direct from a wholesaler online.

Back