History was made with the $24,999.99 fish!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed- the tank looks real nice, but the photography leaves much to be desired

Maybe the person who bought the $25k fish can buy me a $25k Canon DSLR....

Bad blue photography....
I don't run Whites bc I don't have them. I custom made my own LEDs from 3w diodes: 390, 420, 460, with just a hint of 530nm green

I've hijacked this thread enough. Good night R2R

Last edited:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since everyone else is leaving their 2 cents, I guess I have to as well...
If you spend 25k on a single fish for your aquarium and your net worth is not at least $10 million, then you are truly a fool.
So, I HOPE, the person that bought that fish is truly very wealthy. Otherwise I feel sorry for them;)
But it’s a cool fish. Gotta say, I’m not that into fish so if I saw that in a LFS tank I’d probably walk right by it and not even stop. I find most fairy wrasses much more interesting personally.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ones only $9k! not that impressive to me

https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/470581/

That's a female. If it transitions it will be much more attractive. Here's a cool video made by collectors in the Cook Islands. Fast forward to about the 3:30 mark. This will give you an insight in to how difficult it is to catch the fish we have in our aquariums. You can see the pair of G. spinus in the video too.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta find me a replica. Something under $100

Will this do?
Peppermint.jpg

$10 from my LFS, best deal on a peppermint angel ever! Doesn't seem to move much though...

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a dumb question, but if this fish is used to living at 400 feet, how can it survive in 2 feet of water in an aquarium?

Slow pressure changes. Don't shoot the fish straight to the surface. Fish are equipped for pressure changes much better than we are. That swim bladder works wonders and their anatomy is custom built for dealing with it.

Mark

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the saying " More money thank sense " comes to mind. As has already been said on here , if it normally lives around 400 ft its organs will not work correctly in 2 feet of water , and if it has gone to a public aquarium somewhere , the public wont bother , its just another prity fish to them. If they are so rare, leave them where they belong

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%

Back