Hey, jut a question, do i need to worry about this hitchhiker or is it ok? Tnx

IMG_20200126_192515_compress32.jpg

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the first pic. It's hard to tell what color the asterina starfish is in the second pic. If it's white on top, it's usually okay but in truth there are many different types that can hitchhike into our tanks. Most can over populate and be a pain to control. If it's gray or brownish colored, I'd toss it right away as some can eat corals. If it's on the glass eating algae, it's probably okay. If you see it at the base of coral, it's probably a coral eater.

OP
OP
Tuaregy

Tuaregy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the first pic. It's hard to tell what color the asterina starfish is in the second pic. If it's white on top, it's usually okay but in truth there are many different types that can hitchhike into our tanks. Most can over populate and be a pain to control. If it's gray or brownish colored, I'd toss it right away as some can eat corals. If it's on the glass eating algae, it's probably okay. If you see it at the base of coral, it's probably a coral eater.
I did remove it just in case. Since i dont know what they are i dont want them to overpopulate in my tank.
Ty

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back