Hiw bad is damp salt?

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the hobby and havent yet set up my tank. I had my salt delivered but the tub was badly cracked. I've been told they will either collect and replace it or give me a partial refund.
I dont have a tub bit enough though so all I could do is double bag it to keep it from damp.
If it got a bit damp would it be completely unuseable as a bit of extra money would be handy for the rest of the set up if its possible to keep the salt in a useable condition?

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all welcome! IMO damp salt really doesn’t make a difference, just may make it a little harder to mix when it hardens up. Salt is salt is salt, you should be fine as long as no contaminants get in it.

Fredgee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can spread it out on a sheet of card board so that it will dry loose instead of in a clump, that will go along way to making it easier to desolve it when mixing it up.

Fredgee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the hobby and havent yet set up my tank. I had my salt delivered but the tub was badly cracked. I've been told they will either collect and replace it or give me a partial refund.
I dont have a tub bit enough though so all I could do is double bag it to keep it from damp.
If it got a bit damp would it be completely unuseable as a bit of extra money would be handy for the rest of the set up if its possible to keep the salt in a useable condition?
If you can spread it out on a sheet of card board so that it will dry loose instead of in a clump, that will go along way to making it easier to desolve it when mixing it up

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back