HLLE in Yellow Tang

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news - definitely try to get it feeding on some higher fat and protein foods (although there is a chance that this could tax its liver, you need to build muscle mass back on the fish, and algae alone won't do that very fast).

I sure cannot explain what went on with your fish, but good to hear!

Jay

OP
OP
Z

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good news - definitely try to get it feeding on some higher fat and protein foods (although there is a chance that this could tax its liver, you need to build muscle mass back on the fish, and algae alone won't do that very fast).

I sure cannot explain what went on with your fish, but good to hear!

Jay
I truly have no explanation for what happened with it. It is tearing up some seaweed on a clip which is so great to see. Apparently tangs can survive a month with no food which is pretty crazy

brwaldbaum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly have no explanation for what happened with it. It is tearing up some seaweed on a clip which is so great to see. Apparently tangs can survive a month with no food which is pretty crazy
From Robert Fenner's book on tangs: "A note regarding "feeding strikes" where for no apparent reason(s), a fish will forego feeding. This happens quite a bit with Zebrasoma. If yours seems to have "given up the ghost" and stopped eating, don't you give up: Very often, just as quickly, these surgeons will resume feeding, regaining their girth. Check `your water chemistry, try a water change, an offering of a new green food... this often stirs resumption of feeding. Understand that these fishes go through periods of non-feeding naturally in the wild, storing fat in their body cavities."

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back