HLLE question

Lostreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for more information regarding HLLE in tangs. I have a new tank that is going through the ugly phase. Watching for any signs of HLLE in tangs. From what I have read “poor” water conditions can be a cause. However, there isn’t further detail as to if that is concerning Ph?nitrates?phosphates? My tank is definitely not looking hot right now. Trying to manage the diatoms but want to make sure that isn’t considered “poor” water conditions. Any parameters that can effect HLLE I should be monitoring more closely?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water quality. Carbon dust and pour diet seem to cause of these issues

OP
OP
L

Lostreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That brings me back to my point. What is exactly is “water quality “? I’m battling dinos currently. Everything I’ve read says to not do water changes and let the water get dirty. I’m worried about my tang. As if today he stopped eating. I feel like when I fight one issue it causes another. Is there anything in particular with “water quality “ that can cause HLLE?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me pour water quality is high nitrate pho’s and that yellow brown tinge dirty looking water that’s cloudy lol I don’t know

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back