• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

HOB REFUGIUM w/ LED LIGHT: AquaFuge 2 Hang-on-Back Refugium (Medium) w/ LED Light System

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOLD

This sale is for:

AquaFuge 2 Hang-on-Back Refugium (Medium) w/ LED Light System

Medium AquaFuge2 Hang on Back Refugium with LED Lighting System - CPR Aquatics - Bulk Reef Supply
(Cost when new would be $299.99 + tax + Shipping from BRS).

Used for about 8 months; Very Good Condition; There is a little glue on the back from Velcro tape and where I had glued a second LED panel (see photo); Everything works fine. (I am selling this because I just built a 10 gal refugium for my system).

$140.00 plus shipping.

-Shipping example: For most towns in N.J. cost would be $29.55 via USPS incl. insurance)

I will quote a price if you provide zip code.

Payment via PayPal or Credit Card

HOB front.jpg

You can see the glue from the Velcro tape and where I glued a second LED panel (not included):
HOB new back jpg.jpg

HOB new top jpg.jpg

HOB side.jpg

HOB sidea.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PRICE DROPPED TO $150 plus Shipping ....(Original Ad Edited to show current price; was originally $195).

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Is this still available? I wish I would have known because I just went and picked up a 170 in New York on Saturday. I'm definitely interested and it would have to be shipped. My zip code is 20657 Lusby, MD. Please let me know. You had this on your 170 and it worked great?

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this still available? I wish I would have known because I just went and picked up a 170 in New York on Saturday. I'm definitely interested and it would have to be shipped. My zip code is 20657 Lusby, MD. Please let me know. You had this on your 170 and it worked great?
USPS Shipping requires an oversize box and insurance so cost is $32.30.

So, $180 total.

I put 1 gal of Miracle Mud plus some oolyte sand to make depth of about 4" and grew caulerpa and ulva (local from NJ beach). Worked nicely but I decided to make a 10 gal Deep Sand Bed with larger volume so don't need the HOB.

I can take credit card (via phone call) or PayPal

Thanks.
Jim

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
USPS Shipping requires an oversize box and insurance so cost is $32.30.

So, $180 total.

I put 1 gal of Miracle Mud plus some oolyte sand to make depth of about 4" and grew caulerpa and ulva (local from NJ beach). Worked nicely but I decided to make a 10 gal Deep Sand Bed with larger volume so don't need the HOB.

I can take credit card (via phone call) or PayPal

Thanks.
Jim
I have a RedSea 170 and it won't fit on my sump, it's to long. I so wish it were the smaller size and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I just don't want to hang anything on my display. If you don't mind me asking, where did you have it hanging, on the display?
Thank You

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RedSea 170 and it won't fit on my sump, it's to long. I so wish it were the smaller size and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I just don't want to hang anything on my display. If you don't mind me asking, where did you have it hanging, on the display?
Thank You
I had the same tank. It fits perfectly on the back. That’s why I got the large one. Any smaller and it would be too small and worthless.
I used tubing to extend the distance to the pump so it could be hidden down low. But I later put it back like it was meant to be. The look of the tubing was no better than the look of the pump. (Pump is black as is the background). Appearance really didn’t bother me much.

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I had the same tank. It fits perfectly on the back. That’s why I got the large one. Any smaller and it would be too small and worthless.
I used tubing to extend the distance to the pump so it could be hidden down low. But I later put it back like it was meant to be. The look of the tubing was no better than the look of the pump. (Pump is black as is the background). Appearance really didn’t bother me much.
So, I can hang this on the back of my display behind the overflow box? Sorry for all the questions. Do you have a pic of how you had it setup?
Thanks,
Travis

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I can hang this on the back of my display behind the overflow box? Sorry for all the questions. Do you have a pic of how you had it setup?
Thanks,
Travis
I didn't take any pics specifically of the HOB, but in this photo you can see the return overflow on the left. On the right is where I added a tube to extend the pump deeper to hide it behind rocks (but the tube "stands out"). The fan is mounted on the HOB. I carefully checked dimensions before buying the HOB and it fits perfectly on the R.S. Reefer 170.
Tank distance.jpg

Here's another. (Again, the fan is mounted on the HOB):
G4XR15c.jpg

And here is one with the pump attached where it was intended to be. You can turn it the pump to a different angle so the cord isn't in the front want. I had it this way because it fit better with the Tunze Wave-Maker that is in the corner to the right. (As you can see, there is even room for a heater on the left, return side).
Tank b 12.20.20.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving to Florida soon...... need to sell this! :)

PRICE DROPPED TO $140 plus Shipping ....(Original Ad Edited to show current price; was originally $195).

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back