Holy mackrel.. My order shipped fast... twice in a row

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos to @Vinny@GHLUSA I have now had 2 shipments go out quickly from GHL USA. Very pleased.

First was a large order with my KH Director. I called it in hoping it would speed the process up. It did but me calling it in might not matter.. You see I placed a second order a couple days ago. It was a tiny order compared to all my others and I had shipping info that night and Fed Ex telling me it was on the way the next day.

I want to say if this is the sign of things to come, GREAT!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos to @Vinny@GHLUSA I have now had 2 shipments go out quickly from GHL USA. Very pleased.

First was a large order with my KH Director. I called it in hoping it would speed the process up. It did but me calling it in might not matter.. You see I placed a second order a couple days ago. It was a tiny order compared to all my others and I had shipping info that night and Fed Ex telling me it was on the way the next day.

I want to say if this is the sign of things to come, GREAT!

Thanks again!

glad someone has had good experience with them shipping quickly. 2 orders in a row have taken a month the get. Seems like the parts I wanted to add are only available directly from GHL.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad someone has had good experience with them shipping quickly. 2 orders in a row have taken a month the get. Seems like the parts I wanted to add are only available directly from GHL.
@Kngfisher Can you explain further? Who did you order from?

This post is specifically about ordering from GHL USA.
Your statement seems to imply that you ordered from (A) an outside vendor and they had to get items from GHL or (B) you ordered from GHL USA and you had to wait till they got items from GHL Germany.

In either case, it sounds like something wasn't in stock and your order got slowed because of that. Which in many cases is understandable and hopefully who ever you ordered from communicated that to you.

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both cases items were ordered directly from GHL USA website. Items ordered for the most part were not available to order outside GHL USA directly. Each order consisted of several piece and each order had one item that was back ordered a few days after ordering. The items that were back ordered were not exotic items. A splitter and a breakout box. The 2-3 week back order is more like 4+

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both cases items were ordered directly from GHL USA website. Items ordered for the most part were not available to order outside GHL USA directly. Each order consisted of several piece and each order had one item that was back ordered a few days after ordering. The items that were back ordered were not exotic items. A splitter and a breakout box. The 2-3 week back order is more like 4+
Since back orders from overseas can get delayed and often get held up in customs I wouldn't say that it's fair to blame GHL for the back order delay.

I think honestly, it's just part of the Reefer game. 95% of what we use in and for our aquariums come from Europe or Asia.

On one of my orders from GHL I had the powerbar go on back order. They gave me the option to split ship the items on hand, then the powerbar when it came in. So that's what I selected. I got the powerbar some time around the 3-4 weeks later.

I'm not going to say things have been perfect with shipping from GHL USA. In the past they had some slow shipping issues. I wasn't shy about expressing my feelings on them. However, I also wanted to be quick to praise them for getting things out the door fast.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back