Home builder says they will be done 3 months early?!

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh so we have been building this house. Our forever home. Started in May (had alot of stuff done as his has been 2 years in the making), after already having water/septic/power on property and most of the clearing completed. We've been ontop of our builder who had a completion date of December 31st per the VA Construction loan requirements. Today, as they were working on siding, project manager says, hey you'll be in hy the end of October, to my husband. I'm saying early would be Thanksgiving. I don't want to get too excited, but!!!! Before christmas would be awesome, though I was going to buy our appliances on Black Friday...

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siding is almost done, roofs been on a few weeks. But it's now getting raining here in the PacNorWest and that starts making things like exterior painting a bit difficult to plan,lol... manager says drywall will be delivered friday. We will see... hes had an issue getting people here when he says they will be... siding was supposed to be started 3 weeks ago, had only taken the guys 2 days (with a week break in between, though they were working other jobs) to get almost finished,lol

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my sound dampening insulation delivered today! Builder says they will be insulating the walls tomorrow and the drywall will get delivered Friday. Hopefully the siding gets completed this week. Temp to permanent power next week hopefully, and at some point we should get the garage slab poured?

20190917_183517.jpg 20190917_183701.jpg

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siding is done, minus the caulking! They will be back to finish that and the interior insulation has started. I also started removing the supers off my bee hives :( barely built out but that's fine. Hoping the bees make it through the winter this y 20190918_192739.jpg ear!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is being sound-proofed with the rock-wool?

I did a combination of rock-wool, and a product called “quiet-rock” that is basically a specialized drywall with a thin metallic sheet through the middle of it to break up sound waves

Of course a dedicated home-theatre build may not have the same requirements as what you’re doing!

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We doing it for our home theater. It's on the other side of the house, so dont really need it, but better while building than to regret it later. And also the back of my laundry room where the washer dryer back up to my office where the tank will be! Also, the master bath water closet as it is a shared wall to the bedroom, and the back of the fireplace which is also shared with the master bedroom. I'm just a very light sleeper....

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the pictures, it is much easier to visualize the progress this way. The house is definitely coming along. It is best to do the interior work when the weather gets dodgy. So you guys that part right.. Make sure you tell everyone how high the crime is there so a ton of people won't want to move there LOL.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting the pictures, it is much easier to visualize the progress this way. The house is definitely coming along. It is best to do the interior work when the weather gets dodgy. So you guys that part right.. Make sure you tell everyone how high the crime is there so a ton of people won't want to move there LOL.
We live across from Seattle in the boonies... while people are moving out this way, there are only 8 lots left on our road. 23 houses currently up here and most of them much fancier than mine, lol.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent 6 hours yesterday cleaning up scrap and trash wood/siding. Had a big fire! Then took a load to the dump this morning and spent 7 hours putting in the rock wool insulation! Theater room, LR wall/master bedroom, master bath wall/master bedroom, and laundry room wall/my office. 20190922_113411.jpg 20190922_174605.jpg 20190922_174648.jpg
Still have 3 bags left to do the ceiling of the theater room after sheet rock is in this week (hopefully). Insulation inspection tomorrow!

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got most of the drywall up! They blew in the rest of the insulation today! Siding is actually done. And we got permanent power yesterday! Inching towards a finish line!
20190925_153549.jpg 20190925_153602.jpg 20190925_153654.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good you got the siding up first then drywall, something we always cringed at when installing drywall before a house is sided.

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rest of the drywall in, first round of tape/mud, heaters going. That's my office with the blue drywall... wall for the tank! Supposedly still on track for Oct. 31st completion, lol. Garage slab being poured tomorrow, final grade on land completed this week with hopefully gutters and downspouts soon after painting the exterior!
20190927_173838.jpg 20190928_111546.jpg

OP
OP
Small triggers

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drywall completed this past saturday. Texture completed yesterday, Monday. Interior single color painting completed today! (I am not a white paint person, BUT I am also not a one paint color in the whole house. So I will be painting walls that I know what color we want this weekend!)
Still tracking for Oct. 31 completion! 20191008_175124.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back