Home-study of fish disease/parasites

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here I am trying to sleep and I can't even do that. Every time I close my eyes I feel the impact again, hear the cars crashing into each other and I can't stop picturing that girls face streaming tears as her dad got her out of the car. I wish the doctor could have given been a sedative too.

I'm very sorry. It sounds like you're a bit shocky. I don't know if you are a spiritual person, but you might try praying on it. It always helps clear my mind and find a bit of peace in situations like this where I can't stop reliving something in my head... like heating arguments or fights or things I said I regret... even car accidents. Meditation may help as well, but I think just talking about it will help as well. Remember, it was a simple accident... nobody was seriously injured and everybody is getting to sleep in their own beds tonight and keep on living their lives tomorrow. :)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry. It sounds like you're a bit shocky. I don't know if you are a spiritual person, but you might try praying on it. It always helps clear my mind and find a bit of peace in situations like this where I can't stop reliving something in my head... like heating arguments or fights or things I said I regret... even car accidents. Meditation may help as well, but I think just talking about it will help as well. Remember, it was a simple accident... nobody was seriously injured and everybody is getting to sleep in their own beds tonight and keep on living their lives tomorrow. :)

I'd like this twice if I could. Excellent advice.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humble the only reefer I know in this area was my supervisor at work (used to be he doesn't work there anymore), but he got out of the hobby a few months ago and I haven't even heard from him since Christmas. My sisters try their best to help me out but they only know so much and I'm not very good at giving instructions. Also more than that I've nearly run out of salt and with the bunch of unexpected bills I've had come up the past two weeks I simply don't have the spare cash to purchase salt right now. Oh Lordy, what a mess I've found myself in....
Oh and I don't have any friends to help either, I've never been much of a social butterfly ha.
I know the feeling with the money situation....I'm low on salt amd don't have the spare cash at the moment...if I can come up with the money I'll try to get you some salt.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in my fair share of accidents that feeling will pass and just learn from it. I still remember one of them and it was like I was in a dream for two or three day a bad dream stay strong and things will work themselves out

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes!

While our fish rely on us to care for them, there are times when it's more important to take care of you ... I think this might be one of them. You're doing an amazing job with these fishes, and you will again - but only if you're physically and psychologically up for the task. The goby is a small fish putting a light load on the tank, so as long as he's getting the food & meds he needs, he should be OK.

~Bruce, wishing he could just run down to your place with some salt . . .

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'm feeling better than I expected I would today. Really stiff and sore, and I found a couple bruises that I can't figure out how they got there but otherwise I'm ok. @melypr1985 thank you for your post last night, it really did help me a lot. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to what happened and the fact that I don't have my car anymore, but I'm beyond grateful that everyone came out ok. @domination2580 thank you but you take care of your tank. I've managed to survive this long I'll find a way again.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my GHsaltie.. I'm so glad everyone is ok. My prayers are with you and everyone involved. You are an inspiration to me and a lot of other reefers in our community. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Also, our lil guy is doing great!

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @tj w, and it's great to know little Rabbit is doing well, has he started eating yet?
I'm doing much better now, just have some bruising (giant lump!) on my tailbone and my back is stiff. I managed to finish an 8 hour shift today, but I was definitely hurting by the end. Nothing has been resolved as of yet with my insurance, they started the inspection of my car yesterday but no word yet. I'm really hoping that they at least cover the amount that I still owe on the car.
IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1487.JPG IMG_1491.JPG
On another note the goby is doing wonderful! I got my vitachem in the mail yesterday so I've been adding that to his food, and the wound has gotten so much smaller it's incredible! I'll try to snap a quick picture with my camera, but with the water being yellow from the furan-2 it probably won't come out well.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks fixable as well, but I'm trying to keep in mind my dad's input. He owned auto body shops for almost 25 years and he thinks it would be more trouble to fix it. There is some frame damage, especially on the right side, and a lot of work would have to be done on the underside as well. When my car was shoved onto the median it really did a number on the underside. I'm still waiting on my insurance to tell me their finds as to whether they think it's salvageable or not. I'm kind of confused as to why no one was cited at the time of the accident but I don't really know how this stuff works anyway, so I'm just stuck in limbo right now. I really hope this all gets resolved soon, way too much stress!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks fixable as well, but I'm trying to keep in mind my dad's input. He owned auto body shops for almost 25 years and he thinks it would be more trouble to fix it. There is some frame damage, especially on the right side, and a lot of work would have to be done on the underside as well. When my car was shoved onto the median it really did a number on the underside. I'm still waiting on my insurance to tell me their finds as to whether they think it's salvageable or not. I'm kind of confused as to why no one was cited at the time of the accident but I don't really know how this stuff works anyway, so I'm just stuck in limbo right now. I really hope this all gets resolved soon, way too much stress!
I hope for your sake that this gets resolved in a way that benefits you. Very glad you are doing better and only seem to have some bumps and bruises.

If you don't mind my saying, the world could use more people like you!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kind of confused as to why no one was cited at the time of the accident but I don't really know how this stuff works anyway, so I'm just stuck in limbo right now. I really hope this all gets resolved soon, way too much stress!

You'll have to wait for the police report in a week or two. How that is worded will decide heavily who is at fault, shared fault, no fault, etc.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I want for the report to be in my favor I can't help but think of the guy involved too. His car was way worse off than mine and would need more than just frame repair. And thinking about it my dad could just be saying that because he wants what would be best for me, and having a repaired car that could show up other issues down the road is going to make things difficult. This is why I prefer to stick to messing with my fish, so much easier than laws and adulting ;).

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 11 and I am stoked by goby's progress, there has been no signs of infection since day 6 and the hole is easily half the size as when I got him! He's also eating food again like a champ, no need for garlic but he seems to like the vitachem.
IMG_6877.JPG

"Where's my food lady?"
IMG_6880.JPG

I love his little speckles.
IMG_6881.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 11 and I am stoked by goby's progress, there has been no signs of infection since day 6 and the hole is easily half the size as when I got him! He's also eating food again like a champ, no need for garlic but he seems to like the vitachem.
IMG_6877.JPG

"Where's my food lady?"
IMG_6880.JPG

I love his little speckles.
IMG_6881.JPG

Wow. He's doing so great! Odds for him were pretty low at first, so you've done an amazing job here.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humble that's very true! My fishes definitely keep me sane. I still don't trust myself to do a wc on my DT without messing up my back, so taking care of this little guy and the niger really help me.

OP
OP
GHsaltie

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today marks day 23 for Goby. He's still getting vitachem every day which seems to have helped him but I have definitely noticed his healing has slowed. I've been tossing back and forth the idea of putting him through another round of an antibiotic, but I can't decide which one would benefit him the most or whether I should give his own immune system more time. He's also had a little bit of a lack of appetite, which of course has me worried that another infection might be trying to work its way in. The area around the wound actually looks as though it's kind of caved in to fill in the wound itself, it looks rather odd.
IMG_6885.JPG
Please forgive the smudge, I didn't see it until after I got the pic on the PC and that was the only one that he posed for :rolleyes:.

In other news the guy who rear-ended me was determined at fault and my poor car was determined a total loss. His insurance is covering the majority of what I owe on my car, but not all of it, so now I have to continue payments and try to save up for another car :(. I also still have to call them about the medical side of things, ugh. And on top of all that I lost my favorite fish to as-yet unknown causes last week the day I came back from visiting my grandparents. It's said that everything happens in threes, have I gotten my last kick-in-the-gut yet? :(

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back