Honey, I shrunk the ricordia

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a ricordia. I know it doesn't look like much but at one time it was a very good looking frag. I'd say it's dying except it's looked just about like that for 2 months or more. I'd say it's just the glue left over and the frag is gone except then what are those orange and green dots?

I've had lots of corals die along with it and I have no idea why yet. But has anyone ever seen anything like that? Is that the remains of ricordia? Is there any hope of it coming back?

PXL_20210401_012207886.jpg

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant tell need closer pic but could be just some coraline or some zooanthalle left from coral Are you sure it didnt just walk loose / float away because too much flow or not enough favorable light conditons. Maybe was too strong light there they dont like huge amount of light . I have found maybe medium to lower light. Too much flow they let loose and float off under a rock or in the back. Some times one my clowns will pull one off

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a ricordia. I know it doesn't look like much but at one time it was a very good looking frag. I'd say it's dying except it's looked just about like that for 2 months or more. I'd say it's just the glue left over and the frag is gone except then what are those orange and green dots?

I've had lots of corals die along with it and I have no idea why yet. But has anyone ever seen anything like that? Is that the remains of ricordia? Is there any hope of it coming back?

PXL_20210401_012207886.jpg
Could possibly be a bacteria in your tank. Have you tried using polylabs reef primer, I’d also recommend Cipro as well. I’ve had this issue in the past with mushrooms and euphyllia, this treatment seems to be working for my corals.

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could possibly be a bacteria in your tank. Have you tried using polylabs reef primer, I’d also recommend Cipro as well. I’ve had this issue in the past with mushrooms and euphyllia, this treatment seems to be working for my corals.
I have two other types of mushroom and three types of euphyllia that are all doing well. It's every other type of corals that has died on me, even one of two duncan's and some candy canes are fairing poorly.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask for your parameters as well... iodine dios work well with mushrooms that have bacterial issues... ricordea Florida are resilient but I can’t say for sure if it will come back.. however we can solve the issue so it no longer happens

Back