Hopping back into the hobby after about 10 years

waver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much has changed in the last 10 years. LEDs are the leading choice for lights, DC pumps are a fantastic improvement, and coral optons have increased like crazy.

Make sure you get yourself a heater controller - even a cheap inkbird will do the trick to ensure you dont toast your tank

OP
OP
Ddun8

Ddun8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much has changed in the last 10 years. LEDs are the leading choice for lights, DC pumps are a fantastic improvement, and coral optons have increased like crazy.

Make sure you get yourself a heater controller - even a cheap inkbird will do the trick to ensure you dont toast your tank
Will do! Thanks! Had my old tank when I lived in South Florida, so I never really had to worry too much about heaters haha. Not too happy with the Fluval E100 I bought. Constantly getting the "LF" (Low Flow) warning despite ensuring the heater is clear of debris. Already moved it from my second chamber in the AIO sump to the display tank just for the cycle to avoid the error code. Any recommendations on a reliable heater/controller combo?

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R! We’re glad you joined! You’ll find that the community here is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

08D66EC1-DCE0-462D-8F11-5EEF926BAB63.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all! Jumping back into reefing after a 10 year hiatus. Starting small with a Waterbox peninsula 25 AIO. New to the forum, and excited to be back in the hobby.
Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to Reef2Reef!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back