Housing a blue line Grouper with Volitan lionfish?

xPrincelelouchx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got two volitan lionfish that i was looking for a tank mate for. I was looking at a blue line grouper but ive been reading conflicting information about them. the site i wanted to buy it from has them listed as compatible but other sources say that grouper eat lionfish. any thoughts? tank size isnt an issue ill be upgrading here in spring with a 240g

OP
OP
X

xPrincelelouchx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got two volitan lionfish that i was looking for a tank mate for. I was looking at a blue line grouper but ive been reading conflicting information about them. the site i wanted to buy it from has them listed as compatible but other sources say that grouper eat lionfish. any thoughts? tank size isnt an issue ill be upgrading here in spring with a 240g
Its just the two fish in it, soft coral and a cleanup crew, there wont be any other additions if i get the new tank mate

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not too late I'll add my 2cents. If sized appropriately that is a good match. Both species eat what they can fit in their mouths. While the grouper does have a large mouth they can no way eat a lion of equal size, and these species will max out around the same size.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back