Houston the QT has a Problem... SPS RTN high PO4

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I come down to make coffee this morning and find this happening in my QT tank,
737C6AEA-BEF9-46C0-9D4F-0135AA0AA653.jpeg

PO at .5ish tested twice
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrates: 10
Ca: 415
Alk: 8.3
Mg: 1230
Gonna do a water change, probably head to the store today to grab some phosguard.
Any other suggestions? Should I pull the RTN piece out of the tank? Or leave and hope for a come back?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That piece is a goner. How long have you had it?
FIgured, It's been in QT for about 3 weeks now. It wasn't in the best shape when I got it either, was trying to nurse it back. Unfortunately when you don't have stable parameters...

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FIgured, It's been in QT for about 3 weeks now. It wasn't in the best shape when I got it either, was trying to nurse it back. Unfortunately when you don't have stable parameters...
Probably more underlying issues with the coral than your system. Do you have other acros in there? If yes, how do they look?

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one other, the PC rainbow I don't see anything wrong with it but it could be coming. Planning on moving all of the remaining SPS to the DT (digi monti and ORA birdsnest). My big pearl coral and small colony of zoas weren't fully opened this morning... everything else looks fine though. The nem is also fully extended which I would think if there was a major issue it wouldn't be in that state.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scooting around looking to see what I could dig up...

Ran into this the other day on my recommended feed, havent taken a listen, but he always has good advice.

Melev is one of my favorites

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back