How about a 4 foot bristle worm?

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as disgusting as a centipede and maybe they do not get 4 feet but I just found a large one in my bedroom after carpet cleaning and killed one in Hawaii at our house outside that was 5-6 inches and you gotta knock him a couple times with the chockla or flojo to take them out. That bobbit worm is an ocean centipede and the stuff of a bad dream. I do not know if bobbits are poisonous but the centipedes are and can cause a nasty bite that is painful for hours.

Attachments

• Centipede-in-Hawaii-740x300.jpg
    Centipede-in-Hawaii-740x300.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 36

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab some hotdogs buns and you've got yourself a tasty treat

carbasaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one years ago when setting up a 65 gallon tank. Came in the live rock. First coral in after cycling was a red mushroom. It poked its head out of the rock and started taking bites out of the mushroom. Tried to trap it with a DIY tube trap with no luck. Was able to remove the rock it was living in and dunked it fresh water. It came out quickly and problem solved

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Luckily only one It broke into two but got the other piece. So far haven’t seen others.
I saw the broken tail. From everything I heard, they go from no brains to having multiple brains (there's probably still debates on this). Anyhow, broken parts can grow new heads. Now that's something that knows how to survive.

Glad you got the whole guy out.

Atul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bobbit worm

Greater than 3 feet Bobbit worm in my tank.

Six foot Bobbitt worm in a Reef tank

Six foot Bobbit worm out of my tank

Dania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ACK definitely one good thing about staying freshwater. Don't have to deal with those monsters!

Dania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at least most freshwater monsters are fish and not huge centapide type nightmares

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously...so how does one remove such a monster?
Could get your mates around and have few beers and instead playing that game where got get apple out the water with your mouth,you could try get bobbit out lol and think apple game called " bobbing apple" so sounds similar at least lol

On all seriousness of was going play that game,think i would have say beers ran out and i go get more ( and take super long way around ^_^ )

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve seen this video before too… it haunts my dreams. I have some monster bristle worms myself. What do you do with a worm this size once you’ve gotten it out of your tank?!
I normally pick the big worms out with the long tweezers and then drown them in freshwater before throwing them in the trash and taking it out right away. Blech! I hate them.

DarthRe7an

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in my tank, it was only 8" but it killed 2 of my fish and my pincushion urchin. I drained my tank 2 days later and grabbed my 40 gallon shotvac and just started sucking all the sand out of the tank. rocks and everything went out into the snow bank. it was the middle of january and it was only -20 degrees outside so if it decided to try and get away it wasn't going far.

Gave me the excuse i was looking for to rebuild my stand and redo all my plumbing on my tank.
I'm much happier now. Plus no creep 8" bug that can literally bite the end of my finger off.

Funny thing is it scared the crap out of my dad as he was the one who found it.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this video before too… it haunts my dreams. I have some monster bristle worms myself. What do you do with a worm this size once you’ve gotten it out of your tank?!
I normally pick the big worms out with the long tweezers and then drown them in freshwater before throwing them in the trash and taking it out right away. Blech! I hate them.
I normally fry em up with some garlic butter

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back