How about listing an item in our Beta Marketplace?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are looking for people to test our market in a beta phase by selling an item or items. The market is pretty much in a basic beta phase and we have lots we're working on and have to work out but we would love for you to try it, help us find bugs, etc.

You must meet the minimum requirements to sell on our current market forums. (if you can start a new thread in the market forums you meet this criteria)

BETA MARKET: You should be able to see the BETA Market here and be able to buy and sell: https://marketplace.reef2reef.com/

ACCEPTING OFFLINE PAYMENTS: The beta market is FREE to sell items if you choose to accept an offline form of payment like meeting up in person or sending one another your own payment method. If you choose to accept online payment then proceed to the next point.

ACCEPTING ONLINE PAYMENTS: There is a selling fee of 8% which includes the stripe transaction fee and the market percent fee if you choose to accept online payments. We believe this improved market experience will be worth it and should be considerably easier from both a buyer and a seller perspective. It should allow for many more buyers to find things they want from sellers which is a win win win. It's cheaper than eBay.

STRIPE ACCOUNT: If you don't have a Stripe account you will need to create one in order to collect funds from buyers. Just go to Stripe: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register. Sellers only need to add their bank account details to receive money from buyers. This is free, takes only a few seconds and enables payments for their listings immediately. Reef2Reef doesn't store this data (it is hosted at Stripe) and connecting the accounts is done using a secure OAuth protocol.

OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSORS: We are working on adding other ways to receive and make payments including Paypal. Remember this is the Beta Market.

BUYER FEES: There are NO fees for buying items.

LISTING THREADS: You should note that once you create a listing in the market a new thread will be automatically created for you in the traditional marketplace forums. The listing will also show up in the new market format here.

BUG FEEDBACK: Please use this thread to post any bugs/issues that you may be experiencing.

To reiterate.

The market has a fee ONLY if you choose to accept payment through our system.

The market is FREE to use if you set your listing up WITHOUT online payment as seen below.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Remember this is the beta market so some things are subject to be changed.

Please note that you will continue to have the option to post items for sale in the traditional way you've been doing it as opposed to this new market but we would like to have you try it out!

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are looking for people to test our market in a beta phase by selling an item or items. The market is pretty much in a basic beta phase and we have lots we're working on and have to work out but we would love for you to try it, help us find bugs, etc.

You must meet the minimum requirements to sell on our current market forums. (if you can start a new thread in the market forums you meet this criteria)

BETA MARKET: You should be able to see the BETA Market here and be able to buy and sell: https://marketplace.reef2reef.com/

ACCEPTING OFFLINE PAYMENTS: The beta market is FREE to sell items if you choose to accept an offline form of payment like meeting up in person or sending one another your own payment method. If you choose to accept online payment then proceed to the next point.

ACCEPTING ONLINE PAYMENTS: There is a selling fee of 8% which includes the stripe transaction fee and the market percent fee if you choose to accept online payments. We believe this improved market experience will be worth it and should be considerably easier from both a buyer and a seller perspective. It should allow for many more buyers to find things they want from sellers which is a win win win. It's cheaper than eBay.

STRIPE ACCOUNT: If you don't have a Stripe account you will need to create one in order to collect funds from buyers. Just go to Stripe: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register. Sellers only need to add their bank account details to receive money from buyers. This is free, takes only a few seconds and enables payments for their listings immediately. Reef2Reef doesn't store this data (it is hosted at Stripe) and connecting the accounts is done using a secure OAuth protocol.

OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT PROCESSORS: We are working on adding other ways to receive and make payments including Paypal. Remember this is the Beta Market.

BUYER FEES: There are NO fees for buying items.

LISTING THREADS: You should note that once you create a listing in the market a new thread will be automatically created for you in the traditional marketplace forums. The listing will also show up in the new market format here.

BUG FEEDBACK: Please use this thread to post any bugs/issues that you may be experiencing.

Remember this is the beta market so some things are subject to be changed.

Please note that you will continue to have the option to post items for sale in the traditional way you've been doing it as opposed to this new market but we would like to have you try it out!

Thank you!
I think adding a spot for Micro-Algae along with Corals, Equipment, Fish, and inverts would be a nice addition.

Rooki3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the original marketplace I have it set to show me items that are for sale in California. I tried doing it in the new marketplace and could only narrow down to location/cities. Could you add a feature to show items by state like in the old marketplace please?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Who gets the 8 percent fee?
I asked but haven't received a response. I know that stripe's fee is 2.99% (same as paypal) but not sure what the 5%ish "market percent fee" is. Personally, I rather just use paypal. Don't forget that you also get a 1099 (US seller) at the end of the year for taxes. :(

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like the old marketplace. If it's not broke - don't fix it. Many sellers are selling equipment at a loss already - the 3% Paypal hit is bad enough. As a partner and supporter, I do my part to support the forum ... adding 5% to the marketplace may be another revenue stream for R2R but it will not benefit the members.
Kudos to making the beta pretty but the existing one is easy to scan for key words ... love that I can just click "Florida" and limit my view to what would be in the state for better chances of survival vs DOA.
Sorry if that sounds negative ... just honest feedback.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 106 49.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.4%
Back