How are you spending money on this hobby as of Oct. 27th 2022? NO POLITICS!!!

How are you spending money on this hobby as of Oct. 27th 2022?

• Buying as usual

Votes: 204 48.8%
  • Not as often

Votes: 97 23.2%
  • Only the bare necessities

Votes: 101 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 16 3.8%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is NOT a discussion about politics, politicians, parties the economy or anything else related to topics that make people fight! All comments associated to that will be deleted without reason sent and multiple infractions will sadly lead to a thread ban. Thank you!

All that because I want to ask you a question. I realize certain circumstances lead to how people spend money but I only want a simple answer please.

How are you spending money on this hobby as of Oct. 27th 2022? Is it buying as usual, not as often or bare necessities?

This is NOT a discussion about politics, politicians, parties the economy or anything else related to topics that make people fight! All comments associated to that will be deleted without reason sent and multiple infractions will sadly lead to a thread ban. Thank you!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have cut way back. Mostly due to I feel I just don't need anything else in my system. I have plenty of rocks, corals and fish.

As of now I am only buying what I need to keep it running as is. Food, salt ect.

Edit, before now, I was spending money like I was printing it in a back room. lol

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I charge it to the card :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I don't need much else for the new system so spending has nearly stopped. I've also grown thick skin to the bogus promotions and hype surrounding it. I buy what I need and no longer what is on sale.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still buying a few things but my hobby budget has dropped a lot recently. I never knew how much braces for two kids cost until earlier this month.
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess thread started because cost off living " crisis" Nothing changed regarding my reef tank,will be buying stuff as needed and when get time and can remember need buy couple of pumps that sort off broke, for mixing salt and when can remember and actually get to lfs I like ( when can get lift as stopped driving few years ago ) and it's next to motorway so need car to get there,need buy some more corals as not bought any for months and had a few die,so nothing changed regarding spending for me.apart from stuff usually more expensive lately ^_^

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably won’t cut back but I don’t really spend much outside of the food as often. Sometimes I come back but I buy in bulk most of the time so if I buy acros, I’ll buy several at once and if I buy fish I tend to come back with something else (Whether that’s coral, another fish or an invert).

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have cut way back. Mostly due to I feel I just don't need anything else in my system. I have plenty of rocks, corals and fish

Haha I envy you. I have a serious addiction problem. I stopped needing more long ago but I just keep adding tanks so then I need more....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back