How are you spending money on this hobby as of Oct. 27th 2022? NO POLITICS!!!

How are you spending money on this hobby as of Oct. 27th 2022?

• Buying as usual

Votes: 204 48.8%
  • Not as often

Votes: 97 23.2%
  • Only the bare necessities

Votes: 101 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 16 3.8%

• Total voters

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying it all!! I must stay away from That Fish place, that Pet place. it always cost me a few hundreds when I go.
I wish I lived closer to it. Blows my lfs prices out of the water. It turns into a side trip when within 50 miles. I also love that they ask about your setup unlike most places.

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I lived closer to it. Blows my lfs prices out of the water. It turns into a side trip when within 50 miles. I also love that they ask about your setup unlike most places.
I like that as well, and if you get the right person there, they will give you great recommendations as well.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picking up stuff for the new build.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to spend more wisely. This is probably a function of me getting more experienced with the hobby and after reading/watching some of the more experienced people. I'm trying to focus on the fundamentals KISS... and not go gear crazy. When I do get new gear, I'm looking for high quality stuff on sale... I picked up some used mp40's for a steal from a co-worker who has been out of the hobby for years...

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm buying as ussual which mean I have a problem. But hey its better than gambling. At least I can see what I'm buying even if it's a skeleton from a $400 torch :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Edit. Oh and was thinking about buy a Calc reactor but I won one so saved money there. Thank you R2R :face-blowing-a-kiss:

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying it all!! I must stay away from That Fish place, that Pet place. it always cost me a few hundreds when I go.
I have family over that way in Elverson. Its an 8 hour drive so we don't go often but when we do I rarely leave without buying something

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Looking at kalk stirrer to supplement my carx

Do I need it ? No but will ph help growth? Mixed reviews …

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've cut back. Local trades and trades for store credit to the lfs is how I'm adding to the tank.

The budget for the tank has gone to getting to the lfs and other areas that I'm not allowed to mention.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying as usual, but I do have a stockpile of salt and RO/DI filters.

I recently have had a few issues I'm trying to resolve, lost a couple of corals so I won't get to online buying before the winter sets in. No need for a refreshment of CUC either. I may hold off on coral purchases because I'm thinking of an aquascape change/mushroom eradication project. I got the dry rock, might as well soak it and use it.

Costs are relatively low for a 29 gallon tank.

In fact I expect a little more money in my pocket soon, current boss is leaving to rebuild Florida and the non management staff will be taking over on call coverage until a new boss is hired.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a financial plan we stick too in our house, as long as our investment goals are being met, we spend what’s budgeted. I tend to spend a lot in short spurts on my hobbies. I budget 250.00 a month for the reef tank, but will spend more if cutting back in other areas

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is pretty well established with the equipment I need and fish I want. I've always been "frugal" (yea... that means cheap) by reefing standards. I'm buying some corals from local reefers and needed maintenance supplies... So, no change. I am holding off on buying a Clam or two until the market settles.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back