How can I best go about creating flow with only a single pump? (SPS dominated tank)

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6FFBB4D8-B680-4898-9663-021555B9EF6D.png

What a storm surge might look like inside a sump that’s smaller than display trying to handle the constant flux in and out of water.

That’s on top of the limitations of the plumbing mentioned earlier. Point I’m making is the limitations of trying to go with just one pump (I’ve had the same thoughts) and trying to do more such as keeping detritus constantly suspended to allow it getting sucked up. Although with Tropic Marin now offering a solution to replace detritus naturally falling on coral to provide phosphates I’m having second thoughts about detritus management , again

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,
You really want flow in the tank, having perhaps less flow than recommended through the sump, that allows more contact time with filtration, whether skimmer or algae filtration. If acro dominant or sps dominant, buy larger powerheads, that way as colonies grow, you can apply more power, just my 2 cents... Flow is a very important factor in acro keeping, but you can get creative, I use the back wall for the majority of my flow...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back