How can I encourage my zoas to eat?

ssavatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to feed my zoas some crushed pellets and all my other coral responded well but my zoas instead got mad and slimed all over. I’m wondering if anyone has some tips for getting a feeding response from them.

Mike weymers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reef roids and BRS reef chili food. I do feeding with a plastic 10 cc pipet. Works well. You can prep a feeding response by adding amino acids 10 minutes before feeding.

Upvote 1

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed really tiny food, like reefroids. Target feed a few inches above them (they should not retract quickly) and leave the flow off for 15-20 mins to allow them to eat :)

Upvote 1

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to see an awesome zoa feeding response, chop up some LRS Reef Frenzy really fine, mix with some tank water and feed with a pipette. I don't know what is in there, but out of all the coral and fish foods I have tried, that one has visible results. I have tried the dried/powdered foods like Reef Chili, Benepets, Reef Roids and Reef Frenzy and have not seen much of a feeding response, and I have a 24x48 LowBoy packed with zoas.

Upvote 0

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller zoas dont eat zoo plankton. They close up because they are irritated. Most palys do eat from the water column. Most people eaters, gobstoppers etc can handle brine shrimp if dropped on them.

If your zoa/palys have a visible slit for a mouth chances are it will grab reef roids and brine shrimp.

Upvote 0
Back