How can I get clowns to host anemone?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
1. Put them in a bowl with the anemone . They will touch it eventually and get used to it

2. Get the fish in a net and release them directly on to the anemone where they have to touch the anemone to get out of the net.

Of course- you are humane and gentle during the process. I did with my anemones before I got rid of them for stinging SPS. Now the clown hosts anything it feels like. Right now it’s the Duncan and Torch

image.jpg

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine never took interest in my BTA. I tried a few of the suggestions above and even put both in a small box for awhile and made them touch the nem. But they want no part of it. One day I put a nice size toadstool leather in their corner and now it host them. They love it and sleep in it all day long, yet still prefer to sleep by the return nozzle at night. Can you try moving the nem to their special corner?
This is what happened to my clowns. Had a tank FULL of BTA’s, as they kept splitting, but my pair stayed in the back corner near overflow. They stayed there for over a year, then one day a nem went on a little walk and ended up near their corner AND an Angelfish was doing his territorial dance thing one day and the female brushed against it. The next morning she was dancing in the nem…male followed in the next day. Now they feed it and won’t leave it !

Maybe try moving a nem over as suggested….worked for me by accident .

GL…

925682AE-ECED-447A-A6AB-4AC42A59514A.jpeg

Ps…I did all the above tricks and they never worked.

pss…they also just spawned for the first time ! ACB584B7-A001-4180-B0C2-293453F50CB5.jpeg

Last edited:

coxtel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a small round glass,cath the nems,put them in the glass,them put the glass on top of the aneomna,i guaranty the succes

coxtel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a small round glass,cath the nems,put them in the glass,them put the glass on top of the aneomna,i guaranty the succes

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back