How can I increase the throughput of my RODI system?

acshaw80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gpd system from BRS and it takes me about 2.5 hours to fill a 5 gallon bucket. My water PSI is about 52.

What is the best way to increase my throughput so I can make RODI faster? Should I put a booster pump on my current system? Or maybe buy a 200GPD system? Not usre if that would make a difference given that my water pressure would be consistent.

Any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to get my time to make 5G of RODi down to an hour or so.

JustJoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you definitely need to get a booster pump. Last year I added a Smart Buddie Booster Pump. I absolutley LOVE it. It makes 5 gallons in about 30 minutes. The other thing with that is that the added pressure forces more water through and wastes less water.

Upvote 0

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a 75gpd from BRS, my pressure was 53psi. What i found: sediment filter gets clogged and slows the entire thing down.

5 gallons usually took about 1 our 40 minutes, TDS after the membrane was 3-4

I added this: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/smart-buddie-rodi-booster-pump-aquatic-life.html

now its 1 hour 15 minutes, TDS after membrane is 1. Well worth the money, saves DI a lot more. I would start with swapping the sediment filter.
2.5 hours seems really slow.

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back