How can we (R2R & YOU) help each other more in 2021? HELP ME, HELP YOU!

Can R2R improve in ways to help make reefing easier for you?

• Yes (please tell us how in the thread)

Votes: 73 38.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 92 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know most of you like R2R, heck some of you love it! That's good because we love you too! ;)

BUT let's not talk about the love right now, but rather let's talk about how Reef2Reef can help you and how you can help the Reef2Reef community more in 2021!

1. How can Reef2Reef help you be a better reefer in 2021?

2. How can YOU help Reef2Reef be a better community in 2021?

We're reading and really going to break down your thoughts, your ideas and anything else you post!

Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please refer to this thread

Thank you.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it is a great site and has been incredibly helpful with me getting into my saltwater life. Honestly, in terms of site functionality I wouldn’t change anything. Everything is laid out intuitively and designed well.
Tbh the only thing I find annoying sometimes is that when I post a thread, the “be notified by email” for following this thread is selected by default and I usually forget to uncheck it so I get a ton of emails whenever people reply. This is also more of a user error lol... so I guess my only feedback is that I wouldn’t mind if the “notify me by email” isn’t defaulted when you create a new post.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a hardware matrix...a way to reference X piece of hardware as compared to others and perhaps reviews from users. I spend alot of time searching for this light or that skimmer.
On the coral side - a catalog or reference? I see something at my LFS but unfortunately, I do not get honest information as to the care/feeding/lighting needed.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An easy to use/view and easy to add to equipment review section would be very cool. Everyone has equipment.

It could be based on model and brand. Stock pictures are used and users add their reviews/experiences with the product.

Stock pictures could be added after an equipment hits x number of reviews.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall this is the most "awesomest" forum I participate in. Great community of helpful people and no ugliness.
I only have one suggestion and only because I just noticed it recently - Sticky Threads can become quite dated and irrelevant but still remain there at the top of the forum section. They should get re-evaluated and un-Stuck where appropriate. Where it jumped out at me specifically was in the Selling Forum (livestock).

- D

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I occasionally have a quick question that I know likely has an easy answer, but don't want to post a thread and start a debate or anything. Maybe a section where someone can ask a quick question, and once they are satisfied with the answer, the OP can close it out. So what's left is sort of a funning log of simple questions that an experienced reefer can go and respond to easily without opening threads that already have 10 answers.

Love R2R and have been super happy to be part of it :) love how active the forum is. Just wish I would have come here sooner haha.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i voted maybe. In general, with concerted efforts to improve something, it changes for the better. I expect that will be the R2R experience. I just do not know what that will look like.
in answer to your sub-questions:
1. See number 2.
2. I am going to explore R2R to find out all i can about the site. I am thinking that with all the posters in all of the areas and all the sticky threads that i will become a better educated member. Then, I may be in a position to answer 1. ;Playful

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site is very good as is for a forum. If I would seek to add anything it would be a kind of monthly/quarterly "magazine" feature. Just something to satisfy that itch to read something since so much of the periodical world has gone away. Yes, I do read the "articles" section, so am aware of that. Just would be fun. Maybe just set up a link with one of the current periodicals that may be struggling? Dunno, just an idea.

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My $0.02 :

Since mid July, it seems like the site has been almost 'begging' for money for something CONSTANTLY. Started with the partner drive.... then the toys for kids. I understand it is all Voluntary (and with the latter an unfortunate need every year) and not a requirement to use the site, but it has been overwhelming the constant barrage of 'donate donate donate' and 'join join join...for a donation'. I have never been on a forum that seems to encourage its site users to donate to/for something to this extreme for over 5 months... if it could be toned down in the future that would be awesome...

it's your platform to do as you see fit, but it is (at least to me) a bit off-putting as the site is reef2reef, NOT donate2donate... thanks for reading.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great site, no major complaints. Fixing notifications for followed threads would be helpful in helping all of us add our unasked for opinions in various threads we are following... I would say I mostly do not get notifications to posts in those threads and all those poor folks are missing out on my uniformed and unwanted opinions!!

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea.....on another site I can drop a page or a reference into a "shoebox" so I don't have to search for it over the entire site again. It would be nice to save a particularly wise post in a "personal folder" for quick, easy reference later.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few things that could be changed, most of it is good though.
If something like the latest three or four 'EMERGENCY' posts were displayed at the top of the site, it could really help both new and experienced reefers so that questions could be found and answered right away. I think it could be nice as well if there were selling groups you could join, so for example if I joined the Georgia selling group, I could opt in for notifications when new selling threads are released in my area. A similar idea could be groups or notifications for specific livestock, so for example if I were looking for shrooms, every new selling thread with the tag 'Shrooms' would send me a notification, or be displayed in a special area of the site.
Keep doing what you're doing guys! We all appreciate the work and effort you put into keeping this site in tip-top shape. God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back